Priorities!

It’s been an interesting day. Things seem to be settling down, but with many aftershocks. No injuries. Some damage in downtown SLC & nearby cities. My area sustained no damage. For today, my focus was on something other than Coronavirus.

I need an extra dose of ukulele today. Be well & safe everyone.

Take a walk if you can. Exercise makes one feel better. We just got back from ours. It was really nice to get out and about. :eek:ld:

That must be almost a relief. I'm glad you're OK and that it wasn't worse.
Focusing on something tangible & known, even if it’s scary, was a weird relief.

Take a walk if you can. Exercise makes one feel better. We just got back from ours. It was really nice to get out and about. :eek:ld:
Yes. The number of people out walking in my neighborhood has definitely increased. Walking has helped me immensely.

I’ve been researching Poverty In America and came across this quote by Laurel A. Rockefeller. I think she speaks to all of us.

“Just think how much better your life could be if you and everyone around you learned what our parents, grandparents, and great grand-parents from the Greatest Generation learned: we are all connected, every life is valuable, every life (human, plant, and animal) is precious, every viewpoint is valid. When we transcend our petty momentary desires, we find ourselves and our world enriched. Empathy evolved among humans because it fosters life. We need each other and we need communities. Let us all endeavour think before we speak, look at life through the view-points of others, and care about those around us.”

Excerpt From
American Poverty
Laurel A. Rockefeller
https://books.apple.com/us/book/american-poverty/id930612339
This material may be protected by copyright.

Tom

Nice, Tom, thanks.

Top Bottom