Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Priorities!

Quote Originally Posted by ksiegel View Post
    always wash my hands very well. ''m just hoping everyone else does, too.

-Kurt
    And therein lies the rub... or lack thereof.
    If there's community spread (and at least one case is suspected of being such), social isolation will be key.
    Ohana BK-70 | KoAloha KSO-02 | KoAloha Silver Tenor
    WTB So many...

I’ve been researching Poverty In America and came across this quote by Laurel A. Rockefeller. I think she speaks to all of us.

“Just think how much better your life could be if you and everyone around you learned what our parents, grandparents, and great grand-parents from the Greatest Generation learned: we are all connected, every life is valuable, every life (human, plant, and animal) is precious, every viewpoint is valid. When we transcend our petty momentary desires, we find ourselves and our world enriched. Empathy evolved among humans because it fosters life. We need each other and we need communities. Let us all endeavour think before we speak, look at life through the view-points of others, and care about those around us.”

Excerpt From
    American Poverty
    Laurel A. Rockefeller
    https://books.apple.com/us/book/amer...ty/id930612339
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Tom
    TomtheBaptist

Hey Tom, thanks for the quote. I was also thinking about our ancestors lately. Namely, I was thinking how much better people are going to be eating during the quarantine. When I went shopping today, i noticed a lot of canned vegetables were missing from the shelves and I thought "well, good for my adipose American brothers and sisters. They'll be eating more at home and grazing less at McDonald's. They'll be eating a lot more like our ancestors and that's good." My motto has always been it my great-grandma didn't know about this food, I shouldn't put it in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    Hey Tom, thanks for the quote. I was also thinking about our ancestors lately. Namely, I was thinking how much better people are going to be eating during the quarantine. When I went shopping today, i noticed a lot of canned vegetables were missing from the shelves and I thought "well, good for my adipose American brothers and sisters. They'll be eating more at home and grazing less at McDonald's. They'll be eating a lot more like our ancestors and that's good." My motto has always been it my great-grandma didn't know about this food, I shouldn't put it in my mouth.
    These aren't your nan's cans. With all the sodium and additives for canned, flash frozen is by far a healthier alternative assuming one has the means to keep things frozen solid. by the looks of it, people will definitely be doing more home cooking, which on balance should be better for a number of reasons... including staying in and not becoming a vector.
    Ohana BK-70 | KoAloha KSO-02 | KoAloha Silver Tenor
    WTB So many...

Quote Originally Posted by kookoolele View Post
    These aren't your nan's cans. With all the sodium and additives for canned, flash frozen is by far a healthier alternative assuming one has the means to keep things frozen solid. by the looks of it, people will definitely be doing more home cooking, which on balance should be better for a number of reasons... including staying in and not becoming a vector.
    Nutrition is on a sliding continuum. For you and I canned vegetables would be a step in the wrong direction. For members of the Fast Food Nation it would be a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by tomthebaptist View Post
    I’ve been researching Poverty In America and came across this quote by Laurel A. Rockefeller. I think she speaks to all of us.

“Just think how much better your life could be if you and everyone around you learned what our parents, grandparents, and great grand-parents from the Greatest Generation learned: we are all connected, every life is valuable, every life (human, plant, and animal) is precious, every viewpoint is valid. When we transcend our petty momentary desires, we find ourselves and our world enriched. Empathy evolved among humans because it fosters life. We need each other and we need communities. Let us all endeavour think before we speak, look at life through the view-points of others, and care about those around us.”

Excerpt From
    American Poverty
    Laurel A. Rockefeller
    https://books.apple.com/us/book/amer...ty/id930612339
    This material may be protected by copyright.

Tom
    I’m not certain that that view ever was commonly held but it is a view that I hold and I wish that more people did too. Thank you for drawing this book to my attention. It seems to me that folk mostly cling to their own dogmatism and believe that the only allowable and valid view is theirs.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 03-14-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    To heck with ukuleles! Where can one buy some darned toilet paper?
    Get a bidet seat, and you won't need TP.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Last edited by Jerryc41; 03-17-2020 at 01:54 AM.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Get a bidet seat, and you won't need TP.
    I never did learn to use one of those, but my feet stay pretty clean. Outhouses! That’s the answer! But, heck, we don’t have Sears & Roebuck Catalogs any more either!

Modern times indeed!
    Last edited by Down Up Dick; 03-15-2020 at 03:58 AM.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE - Finger style
    Gold Tone “Mini” Travel Banjo - Steel GCEA - Noodling
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGBD Plectrum Banjo music

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum ‘n Sing

Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA - Wall hanger
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Wall hanger
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano - Wall hanger
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - Bookshelf

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

My friends,
    As a retired health care employee, there's nothing hoaxie or fake about this. If you're offended by the flurry of media attention, pick up a book and educate yourself about what is a pandemic and how populations are affected.

We are SO fortunate to have all of the professional news media (not OPINION mongers like Fox, etc.) researching and reporting along with real experts.

There NEEDS to be up to date information available so that we can make decisions based on the most accurate information available at the time. I don't consider the Rose Garden "praise-the-leader" session in any way informative. Put on the real scientists, medical officials, and people who have to deal with everything on an minute to minute basis. To that orange stained narcacist... shut up.
    Last edited by Web_Parrot; 03-15-2020 at 05:51 AM.
    KoAloha KSM-10 Pikake ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C ::: Kanile'a K-2 Super Concert ::: Kala KA-SSTU-S ::: Ohana SK-50G ::: Enya Nova U Concert ::: Kala KA-ABP-CTG Bari ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa ::: KoAloha Silver Anniversary KCM-00 #060 :::

Thread Information