Coronavirus discussion

Another day, another day...

It is becoming apparent that a "Shelter in Place" order will extend beyond 14 days. That is when they are hoping to see results like a decrease in new cases or a bend in the curve. If you are preparing, figure at least one month. Might be longer if you are at risk as you will still not go out much after the order is lifted, unless you get the virus and recover.

I was int drug store the other day. A guy had a shopping cart filled with TP, Paper towels , an/wipes and hand sanitizer. I gently chided him he had more than he could use and there were many peopleout there who had none and he could be more considerate. He said if you are done, Ill go back top stocking the shelves.

We're drafting people connected to our organization to sew masks and gowns because we can't find any. It's just nuts. If you've stored extras, drop a box off at your local care home. We want to keep your grandparents safe. The age in mine averages 90.
Stay in, wash your hands!

Going out is weird, I feel like I'm in a zombie movie. People are moving away from me...much more than usual.

Going out is weird, I feel like I'm in a zombie movie. People are moving away from me...much more than usual.

It's really empty on the streets of Honolulu, save for Wallmart and Costco, where a hoarding frenzy is still in process. Beaches are still popular albeit officially closed. Nobody cares about the 6-foot isolation rule. They'll actually push you out of the way to score TP or wipes at Walmart. Professors are deemed essential workers here—to maintain distance education and research—so I still have to go to work, although campus is 90% deserted.

Every time they mention a complicating factor, I seem to have it. Lets see:
Old - Check
Asthma - Check
Type A Blood - Check
Male - Check
I am waiting for size 10 1/2 shoe to be a complicating factor.

I think the type A blood and the gender factors have been debunked at this time.

Should be: "Americans Are Queuing up To Buy Ukes”

If anyone breaks in to steal your toilet paper, you just give 'em the ole El Kabong :D
View attachment 125991

Late to the game/ response,
But yes, I too had forgotten about El Kabong
And I know cartoons draw 4 fingers instead of five,
But El Kabong has a 4 string, not a 6 string

Day ~40 of self isolation. Last left the house March 20 for shopping (quick trips to post office drive through mailboxes aside)
Sometime around April 20 will once again head out and shop.

Maybe July the Current Standard will lighten (this ain’t NORMAL. Please, don’t call it the New Normal)

Top Bottom