Coronavirus discussion

Quarantine seems to end, Italians rejoicing. On Tuesday, April 14, after a long break, grocery stores opened in the country. Mitigation of strict quarantine became possible after the weakening of the epidemic. In some other EU countries, restrictive measures have also begun to be lifted.
https://gothicy.com/

Yes, I also think so, schools are already operating in Denmark, and restrictions on the movement of people have been partially lifted. In Spain, on April 13, factories and construction sites started operating again.

I'm concerned that as restrictions are lifted virus cases will surge again. It's so highly contagious, and certainly not gone. I have to return to work next week. Rather be home playing uke.

You are so right, Cadia. All this lock-down and social distancing has not made it go away. All it can achieve is to reduce the rate of infection while these measures are in place, which is a good thing, as it saves the health care systems from being suddenly overwhelmed. And, of course, it moves the peak further into the season of better weather, in the Northern hemisphere.

John Colter

Quarantine seems to end, Italians rejoicing. On Tuesday, April 14, after a long break, grocery stores opened in the country. Mitigation of strict quarantine became possible after the weakening of the epidemic. In some other EU countries, restrictive measures have also begun to be lifted.
https://gothicy.com/

I've been communicating with Marco Todeschini the Luthier / owner of Antica Ukulereria ( see Got A Uke reviews ). As of today ( 4/21/2020 ) he's still not able to go to his shop ( a shared creators space/building ) and isn't for sure of when the restrictions will be lifted. He live in the Verona region not far from Milan. Since the first of the year (before all this started) he began limiting the number of ukes he would commit to. Was getting overwhelmed by demand. Now he's unable to catch up because he can't get to his shop/space. He sounds optimistic, though my order will probably only get pushed back a month.

Coincidently, Baz gave Marco some space in his blog (which he opened to people who are in the business and being affected by CoVid-2019) https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/04/got-ukulele-features-antica-ukuleleria.html

Last edited:
I agree, if we make a mistake it will be a couple of weeks before we know about it, by which time the virus will have re-established itself and another lock-down will be the only defence.

I too am very worried on the prospect of reopening everything at once. I am glad that my children now have lessons and that the department for education came up with an online lesson plan, so that learning is back on the agenda. People should still work from home as much as possible, rather than pack themselves back up sardinewise in the tube.

Last edited:
I am proud of the doctors and doctors who are fighting the epidemic right now.

Like has been said. It is not like flipping a switch. Until it is under control we all have to be cautious. I know that if things were listed here I would be in no hurry to go out. Stay safe healthy everyone!

Lock-down activities

I'm sheltering in place, alone, in a flat. Fortunately I have access to a small back yard. Set myself a challenge - to photograph a Hover Fly, in flight, with a hand held camera (Canon EOS-M5 - 55-200mm lens). After many, many fails, this is my best attempt so far.

I'm very pleased with it.

John Colter
Hover fly - 22-04-2020.jpg

Many deaths before December 2019 were recorded in California, the United States considered these cases as a flu. Scientists from Cambridge University in the UK compared the sequence of case genes from different parts of the world, they found that in America the oldest type A, in China - type B, which is the type of son A. The emergence of coronavirus occurred after the war games in Wuhan. At that time, several American soldiers suffered acute infectious diseases.
Coronavirus infection causes three complications in the central nervous system.After a coronavirus infection, a person has difficulty breathing. Oxygen does not enter the body and all organs and tissues suffer from this. Especially the cells of the heart, kidneys and brain.
https://gardenim.com/

The emergence of coronavirus occurred after the war games in Wuhan. At that time, several American soldiers suffered acute infectious diseases.

Are you seriously saying that American soldiers participated in war games in Wuhan, China? Do you have a source for that? I'm pretty skeptical. :confused:

"I think that coronavirus is related to world politic, and everything is intentional"

I think that sounds like paranoia.

John Colter

I think that sounds like spam.

Here in Hawaii spam is one of the most beloved foods and is often served as wedding and holiday dishes. Like TP, spam could barely stay on store shelves in March and April. Many stores actually locked up spam to prevent theft.

While spam may not cure covid 19, it can make you feel better. Take two a day with some okolehao.

Here in Hawaii spam is one of the most beloved foods and is often served as wedding and holiday dishes. Like TP, spam could barely stay on store shelves in March and April. Many stores actually locked up spam to prevent theft.

And don't forget KoAloha's use of spam for their sound holes. :D

Top Bottom