Season 422 Heal the World

One of the most affirmative songs ever written is surely the Beatles' "All You Need is Love"... That has certainly proved the case for my sanity in the last three decades.

Anyway, this song was inspired by a FAWM Skirmish. The prompt was the word "Cool" - I then had an hour to write the song, record it and then upload it.

I had been waiting for the inspiration to write a thank you song to my darling Carmen for 34 years of companionship and love. Ours is no longer a fiery hot passionate love affair it is "just cool" - but I reckon they're the best relationships for ensuring longevity (of ourselves and the relationship ;) ).

So, I hope this private love story echoes with enough of you out there to have this classified as a more universal affirmative or positive song.

No explanation. This is just one of the more wholesome songs I know.

Ahoy there
Since I am, like so many others, working from home these days I seem to have more time than normally to play the uke.
Here is my rendition of 'Hang me, oh hang me' by Dave Van Ronk, recorded in 1962.

Hope everyone is doing well. This is my first collaboration with Chelle Hoch! We met through the forum/youtube comments sections and both expressed interest in doing something together. She recently wrote this fine song, and i'm very happy to be able to add my bits. Because we work on different computer formats, we're working out the challenges of sharing large files that she can access, open and move around on her iPad. So, I'm posting this one up first on my channel and posting here. Cheers to everyone, kev ~

Here's an uplifting song that 55 earlier Seasonistas participated in.

My contribution this week:

Due to the Social Distancing, my barber is closed and have more than a few stubbles...
OK, perhaps I didn't shave beacouse I worm from home, whatever.

By the way, I just tried ShotCut video editor again, because I bought a laptop that doesn't have MovieMaker.
Next week I edit the video on my desktop again. I had to make the video and audio out of sync in the editor for it to be reasonably in sync in the rendered video.
I have to find some other software.

When I was looking for inspiration for Are You Sleeping I came across a version that Val did a little while back for one of Randy's seasons, which made me think of Randy, which made me remember how much joy Randy's playing and song writing brought to me. So here is my take on a Randy McSorley original...

Being at home more these days is leading to more music :) This song has sometimes been associated with the wall coming down between East and West Germany. I've always enjoyed it's simplicity and message. Thankful Jon had the time and interest to add his magic ~

ok, this one has been going round my head all week. then last night i heard on the news we might be asked to social distance FOR A YEAR. so i thought i'd bring it! not the chirpiest song, not one you can dance to, and it doesn't tell you how to be a better person, but it's a humungously therapeutic warble, for these times!

"all by myself" by eric carmen

With self isolation you have time to read and with the Haiku poems you can read about 20 a minute, but more importantly they give you food for thought for the rest of the day, and this is essential for mental wellness since it takes the mind away from fear and anxiety in these uncertain times.

This will be my final entry so thanks for hosting a blinding week Kelly.
Some food for thought here where healing is long overdue...……

I hope we only need a little of this: Patience (Saw a great cover by Nora Jones this morning and had a go myself).

With this little song from Salvadore Adamo I would like to greet everyone who cannot meet their friends because of the current crisis and who is longing for their loved ones.

There is a tear on the road
she goes on a journey to me
the wind brings them to me with the clouds
and I know it only comes from you.

who complains of our separation,
and it also says you should never cry,
it happens that you don't even ask.

It was so nice to walk on your hand
it was so nice to always look at you
even the rain seemed pink to us.
Are all these miracles dead for us now?

you send them around this world
I wish you tonight
from the sky falls on my lips.

the tear makes it clear to both of us
we don't need advice from smart people
that we love each other is very obvious.

she goes on a journey to me
the wind brings them to me with the clouds,
and I know it only comes from you
and I know it only comes from you
and I know it only comes from you.

I am interrupting to say the theme for season 423 has been posted.

Welcome to The Virtual Ukulele Club

Now back to Season 422 which still has another day to run.

Oops! It says Season 409 but it is 423. I've asked the mods to correct it.

Last edited:
Kenny Rogers died last night. Here is a tribute to him- Rest in Peace Kenny.
This song was adapted by him from a hymn written in 1912 and was the title song of his first solo album released in 1976. May all of us be lifted in love in these trying times.

Top Bottom