Belated NUUD - Mya Moe Baritone Resonator

Camsuke

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Better late than never I suppose :D We've had a busy time over the summer months in Australia with the terrible ongoing drought & horrific bush fires & now that the dust has finally settled I've had a moment to catch up with you all here at UU :D
I was very fortunate to purchase this Mya Moe Baritone Resonator Ukulele #335 a little while back from one of my uke heroes Lil' Rev. It's a wonderful instrument that was built in 2010 by Gordon & Char Mayer. A big thanks must go to Rev & his lovely wife for helping to make this happen! :D

I replaced the tuners with Gotoh Banjo Tuners SPBJ-4 They are 4:1 planetary tuners similar to the Gotoh UPTL but able to fit the extra thick headstock which is 15mm :D

Attachments

• 335Shoulder.jpg
    335Shoulder.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 335Full.jpg
    335Full.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 335Front.jpg
    335Front.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 335Back.jpg
    335Back.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN2166.jpg
    DSCN2166.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
That was awesome. Congratulations. I have a Mya Moe concert resonator and I think it knocks the socks off the National maple resonator.

Congrats, that's quite an honor, having Lil Rev's uke!
And I'm sure he's honored by a very good player having it!

That was awesome. Congratulations. I have a Mya Moe concert resonator and I think it knocks the socks off the National maple resonator.
Thanks, the Mya Moe Resonator is a great instrument :D

Congrats, that's quite an honor, having Lil Rev's uke!
And I'm sure he's honored by a very good player having it!
Thank you my friend :D

Nicely done! I'll have a resonator some day, I do like the wood bodied ones over the metal bodies. Thanks for sharing!
Good luck getting a reso, they are a lot of fun :D

Great playing as always, Campbell. Terrific instrument.

Enjoyed that a lot. Stay safe.

Congratulations! I also have a Lil' Rev M-M resonator. I had planned to bring it to "Spring into Uke" in Voorheesville, NY in May, where he will be an instructor, but I doubt the event will be held. I like your addition of the Gotohs. What did you do about the holes in the side of the headstock?

001.jpg

Fantastic playing, Campbell. A worthy owner of Lil Rev's uke. Congratulations!

Thanks Joseph :D

Congratulations! I also have a Lil' Rev M-M resonator. I had planned to bring it to "Spring into Uke" in Voorheesville, NY in May, where he will be an instructor, but I doubt the event will be held. I like your addition of the Gotohs. What did you do about the holes in the side of the headstock?

View attachment 125938

Thanks Jerry :D I haven’t bothered with filling the old screw holes, it’s not a big deal for me, maybe I’ll get around to it one day :D

I’ve heard that ukulele many times. I was so impressed with it that I had MyaMoe build me a tenor resonator (it’s been sold since). There are many YouTube videos of Rev playing the baritone reso.

I’ve heard that ukulele many times. I was so impressed with it that I had MyaMoe build me a tenor resonator (it’s been sold since). There are many YouTube videos of Rev playing the baritone reso.

Ha-ha! Thanks again for alerting me to Rev's listing on Ebay, I really did managed to purchase a great instrument :D

Thanks Joseph :D

Thanks Jerry :D I haven’t bothered with filling the old screw holes, it’s not a big deal for me, maybe I’ll get around to it one day :D

I know it's not a big deal. I've used plastic wood and then colored it to match. Not perfect, but that's okay.

it sounds great, and you play wonderfully.

Top Bottom