New banjouke armrest day!

Nickie

Reaction score
I enjoy projects that improve my instruments. My Gold Tone banjouke was really making my right lower arm sore!
So I bit hard and ordered a $60 maple armrest kit, which got lost in the mail and took since Feb 28 to arrive yesterday.
In 2 hours, armed with a pliers, open end wrench, and small hammer, I got this thing mounted. (I cussed a little, because I am not good with tools.)
It sure feels better.
I did make a vow to myself and promised, no more Chinese instruments.

armrest2.jpg
armrest3.jpg

I was thrilled when Deering sent me an email letting me know that an armrest was available for my 12" dia. pot tenor Goodtime Ukulele Banjo-uke.

I happily forked over the $45.

Your wood armrest looks great Nickie. Wish the Deering was wood instead of nickle-chromed metal. The armrest really does make playing a banjolele a lot more enjoyable to play.

NBAD? :D

Very nice job. I actually really love how an armrest can bring a nice asymmetry to a banjo uke.

Looks good! An armrest really helps on a banjolele, glad my Waverly Street came with one...
IMG_20160928_142556611.jpg

I was thrilled when Deering sent me an email letting me know that an armrest was available for my 12" dia. pot tenor Goodtime Ukulele Banjo-uke.

I happily forked over the $45.

Your wood armrest looks great Nickie. Wish the Deering was wood instead of nickle-chromed metal. The armrest really does make playing a banjolele a lot more enjoyable to play.

Thanks for the compliment. It does look a lot different than the metal one my Duke had, but it doesn't feel any better.

Top Bottom