If You Could Read My Mind

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Love this Gordon Lightfoot tune from 1971. See if you can hear the part of the song that was the basis of a lawsuit against the writer of "The Greatest Love of All," a lawsuit which Lightfoot dropped when he felt it was having a negative effect on the career of Whitney Houston. What a great guy!

Last edited:
Well done, as always! This is my favorite Gordon Lightfoot song.

Thanks, rainbow21! I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks, Bill! I really appreciate it! I have some free time now, so I hope I can use it productively! :)

Thanks, Campbell! The only time I didn't like rain was when I wanted to play golf, but since I've retired from golf and am into gardening, I welcome rain! :)

Beautifully done, John. Growing up in Canada, I was able to attend numerous Gordon Lightfoot concerts at a time when he was in his prime. There is a reason he is known as “Canada’s Troubadour.” His musical works are vast and profound. And I never tire of hearing them. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Jan

Thanks, Jan! How great that you could see Gordon Lightfoot! What a great singer-songwriter! I've seen YouTube videos of a much older Lightfoot still performing. Glad to see he's still going strong...

Thanks, John! Totally agree! I'd like to try more of his stuff in the future! :)

Great to see you back John - especially covering such a great, classic song in your usual imitable way; well done.
It’s always been one of my favourites. In fact I had a go at in my BATHROOM (lol) using my guitar back in September and posted it in our guitar section here on UU, but I wouldn’t be brave enough to attempt it using my ukes - i’m nowhere near skilled enough. :D
Looking forward to much more from you my friend.

Thanks, Dave! I remember your great cover! Thanks for your inspiration and encouragement! :)

Thanks, Joseph! Hope all is well with you during this difficult time!

Top Bottom