Gluing on a soprano fretboard

Timbuck

Reaction score
Does the fretboard not slip around around while the glue is wet, Ken? I usually put small location spikes on the neck and fretboard that fit together to keep that from happening.

Does the fretboard not slip around around while the glue is wet, Ken? I usually put small location spikes on the neck and fretboard that fit together to keep that from happening.
if you look closely at the beginning of the video you will see that two of the fret marker dots are actually small white plastic dowels that hold the fret board position.

Your fret board looks to about as thin is you can get without having it come apart. The vintage Martins have the frets go clear through to the neck. Must have used a piece by piece to attach them.

Your fret board looks to about as thin is you can get without having it come apart. The vintage Martins have the frets go clear through to the neck. Must have used a piece by piece to attach them.
I believe that they used cut the slots part way, glue the board to the neck then cut the rest of the way by hand...Or cut the slots on the neck with a set up like I have, I can saw the fret slots either on or off the neck...I’ll try and show some pics of the set up.

Top Bottom