Replacement nut for metal strings on UBASS

Didooz

Reaction score
Hello,
Kala UBASS nuts for metal strings are most the time out of stock.
I found a great alternative: WARWICK JUST-A-STRING 44mm.

This nut is made of a kind of graphteck and includes two parts:
-A saddle you have to glue on the neck and the upper part which can be in hight using two small screws.

This means, I was able to set it on my UBASS just like a head fret, which is perfect.

30254iiitrh.jpg

Found it in france for 15 euros.
The tittle of the link is wrong, but the link is right.
https://www.emma-music.com/sillet-fender-original-jazz-bass-fender,fr,4,440-WAR-30254IIITRH.cfm

Last edited:
That looks very interesting being adjustable, I'm curious how easy it is to sand to make it fit different thicknesses. On The Bass Place a 4 string 38.5mm is $50 plus flat rate shipping of $11 (outrageous), on eBay direct from Chins it's $20 free shipping with a month shipping.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

It is just perfect for the ME bass strings.
It is very easy to sand: I just had to sand 1 mm on the saddle to make it fit the u-bass as this nut is deeper than the ones from kala.
This opération took me 5 mn including veru tight adjustement and gluing.
Also, kala nuts are 1 mm larger than this one but it's no big deal.

warwick nut on U-bass.jpg

Top Bottom