Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello.

Default Hello.

Im not really a Sadhu, but after trying several less exotic titles with no success, I settled on what a few of my less than totally respectful friends call me. (We all have nicknames in Andalucia).
    I believe I earned it by living on a mountainside and talking a lot of nonsense.
    I got my first uke about five years ago, an Ohana concert. I was learning banjo at the time, and still play, but the uke has to be the friendliest thing with strings, and I soon added a Uluru tenor, as plain as the Ohana is fancy.
    I escaped Yorkshires appalling weather in 2016 and have been settling into Spain ever since.
    My third uke arrived just before we were put into lock-down due to the corona virus. It is a Gold Tone resonator concert, and Im really enjoying it. My weekly lessons are on hold now, maybe for a few months, but Im determined to return with much practice under my belt.
    Hence my appearance here, saludos from Spain.
    Last edited by Sadhu; 03-16-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Mere pedantry

Welcome to UU, Sadhu!

Don't exaggerate about Yorkshire's weather. It's truly more appalling in the Lake District or Bristol just to name a few. However, once you start comparing it with Andalucia I understand what you're trying to say

Thanks Ms Bean, and though there may be places with worse weather than Slipten Fell, I felt it was time for a little sunshine.
    Or even quite a lot ...

Welcome to the forums!
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Vorson, Zither Heaven, First Act

Thank you Penny and Laura, and greetings from a very subdued Spain -- I shall be doing my best to add a little jollity with my gorgeous little resouke.

Welcome Sadhu!

Thanks stevejfc, nice to be here, especially with all this spare time on my hands now the bars are all shut !

Welcome Sadhu!
    I say Ukein' beats drinkin' any day....and I'm Irish!
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thanks Nickie, I went to the doctor because my hands are always shaking.
    He said Do you drink much?
    I said no, I spill most of it.

Hi Sadhu,

end of April and there is still snow in my yard, not much but some.
    Living in the land of the long winter, I would relish the opportunity to sit in the wind and rain drinking pints of Black Sheep or lie on a soaking wet hill side working ferrets. You don't know how good you had it man!

But Spain is probably even better.

Thread Information