NUD - Vintage Wurlizter 1920s

eculuke

Reaction score
I am late to posting some of my recent acquisitions. Made for Wurlitzer by Martin . I love this uke!! If it could talk oh the stories it would tell. Its Koa and I believe a style 1 early 20s. Original case and made of Koa. A real piece of ukulele history. I will be posting more of my vintage martin collection all acquired recently

IMG_0706.jpgIMG_3255.jpgIMG_8272.jpg

Very nice looking vintage Martin made ukulele! Congratulations. Look forward to seeing your other acquisitions.

One of the rare gems that Martin made for Wulitzer. It looks like the peg holes were lined with probably an oak veneer. looks professionally done. Sometimes a must on those old ones that have been bored out too much.

One of the rare gems that Martin made for Wulitzer. It looks like the peg holes were lined with probably an oak veneer. looks professionally done. Sometimes a must on those old ones that have been bored out too much.

I wondered about that because it sure does look like a Martin.

I've never heard of a Wurlitzer ukulele. Is it rare?

I've never heard of a Wurlitzer ukulele. Is it rare?

I believe the Ditsons were the first ukes Martin made for other sellers. After that (20's), they made them for others, as described below, from Ukulele magazine:

Soon, Martin was manufacturing customer models for Grinnell Brothers, John Wanamaker, Wurlitzer, Selmer, Perlberg & Halpin, and Buegeleisen & Jacobson (B&J). The customer models were all quite similar to Martin’s standard models, with mostly small changes to soundhole inlays and fretboard position markers. These customer models allowed Martin to move into new territories and greatly expand sales. Because of their special features, customer model ukuleles had to be purchased in large quantities and ordered well in advance of when they were needed.

I believe the Ditsons were the first ukes Martin made for other sellers. After that (20's), they made them for others, as described below, from Ukulele magazine:

Soon, Martin was manufacturing customer models for Grinnell Brothers, John Wanamaker, Wurlitzer, Selmer, Perlberg & Halpin, and Buegeleisen & Jacobson (B&J). The customer models were all quite similar to Martin’s standard models, with mostly small changes to soundhole inlays and fretboard position markers. These customer models allowed Martin to move into new territories and greatly expand sales. Because of their special features, customer model ukuleles had to be purchased in large quantities and ordered well in advance of when they were needed.

My ditson is next :)

Mine is a 1k

IMG_0751.jpg

Top Bottom