Thread: The Whale, an original (kind of) slip jig

Default The Whale, an original (kind of) slip jig

Happy St Patrick’s!

When I was younger (but not handsomer) I used to play guitar in celtic settings, and St. Patrick's was one of my happiest days of the year. Those days are long past, and I haven't made an Irish gig in years.

Still, every year I get enthusiastic about Irish music by the start of March and try to release something in the mood around the 17th.

This time I've chosen to release an original composition that I wrote at the park, watching my 4yo lady run, climb, and slide just a couple of weeks ago. A happy memory that I really want to keep these days.

Grab the tab for free from https://www.patreon.com/posts/34972947
    My ukulele albums are available at Bandcamp and Spotify.

I've completed a collection of 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele, and currently I'm publishing Ukestudies: 12 ukulele duets. My tablature and lessons are available on Patreon.

Great catchy tune and fabulously performed. I downloaded the tabs and whilst they look a bit easier than expected when I heard it, I think it's currently not within my uke capabilities. Until I can play faster on my ukulele I'll play your tune on a simple system flute!

Thanks for your music and your inspiration. Keep on playing and hold on to that precious memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    Until I can play faster on my ukulele I'll play your tune on a simple system flute!
    That's a double win!

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    Thanks for your music and your inspiration. Keep on playing and hold on to that precious memory.
    Thank you for your appreciation.
    My ukulele albums are available at Bandcamp and Spotify.

I've completed a collection of 50 Miniature Studies for Ukulele, and currently I'm publishing Ukestudies: 12 ukulele duets. My tablature and lessons are available on Patreon.

Thread Information