I don’t need another uke!

That’s it! I’ve done it now! They live near by and hubby said (reluctantly)......okay. I go to check it out tomorrow. To play it, yeah, like I’m not going to buy it :drool: :eek:

That’s it! I’ve done it now! They live near by and hubby said (reluctantly)......okay. I go to check it out tomorrow. To play it, yeah, like I’m not going to buy it :drool: :eek:

Best of luck. Fortunately, it's an essential item for quality of life.

It’s Cocobolo #008! The 8th one. How could I pass that up! Everything is great except for some green at one end of the frets (copper oxidation??). I think the soundboard is cedar?
p407A425A-04AB-40FA-8B83-AB0CB2234A61.jpg
B2C7800F-75C8-4079-A098-837F686A7392.jpg
74482056-C7F7-4171-B756-8B710F74273E.jpg
2A0C5C58-4906-412D-A0F3-64A10528600C.jpg

Congratulations, that's a beauty!

Yes, that's a cedar top! I have a cedar-topped Cocobolo Concert and it's an amazing, sweet-sounding ukulele. They didn't make very many with cedar tops, but I think it's a great combination with Coco back and sides. My only complaint is the cedar is very soft, and very-lightly finished, so it picks up scratches and fingernail dings very easily. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the sound one bit.

Yup! Big cedar top fan here. That fingerboard is striking! So glad you went for it! :D Thanks for sharing the pics.

I feel very happy with the purchase and have been playing it a lot. This is the only soprano I own in reentrant that I actually play. Even though, I’m probably going to sell it as what I really want is an Emerald Harp Ukulele! Thanks for making me buy it, LOL

There are two in the market place right now.....they both fit into the two categories of ukuleles that I would like to try out.....I'm not likely to get a stimulus check.....performance pay might show up at the end of June.....I've got one more hoop to jump through to get that.....and we are still working........oh the just one more uke or in this case....two........hard to be thinking of mindless desires when some much is going on the world right now......I did think if I did get any stimulus money I would buy something from a craftsperson local or far way to help them through hard times......many folks incomes drying up.......

I believe the #008 means it is the eighth Soprano made by Cocobolo. (But it could also be the 8th cedar/cocobolo soprano made.) Many of the early Cocobolo Brand ukes had Teak necks. I couldn't tell from the photos.

If you email Kevin, he may be able to give you some information about it. He told me their records about each ukulele they sold is not complete regarding the exact construction but he maybe able to determine about the time it was made and from that what the construction most likely was.

Top Bottom