Our extended ukulele community

rainbow21

UU VIP
Reaction score
Times are tougher and going to get tougher.

All the instructors that we go to learn from at festivals must be greatly affected as these events are cancelled. Hopefully they have resources to turn to. The question is how to continue to support them to help them through these times when they cannot earn income from festivals and public performances. Do they have a Patreon page/account? Do they offer sites whereby you can purchase lessons or material?

I would like this thread for ideas of ways of showing our support. It may also be a good place for them to post their sites.

As another thread stated, Aldrine has been doing it for years right here on UU, just click "Learn to Play the Uke" at the top of the window.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I am a "patron" of Stu Fuchs and Matt Dahlberg. The few dollars a month on their Patreon site gives back plenty of lessons, tips, videos, etc. to enhance my ukulele experience.

Some, like Stu Fuchs, may have instruction books you can purchase. Every little bit...

I'm a student of the Ukulele Way, by James Hill. We haven't used it all that much, but it's still worth every penny.
When I get through all of it, I might sign up with Sam Muir.

All should be noticing the great increase of online sessions with the ukulele players/instructors that we go to see at uke festivals. This is often accompanied by a method to contribute if you derived value from it (PayPal, Patreon, online courses, etc.). All of them have seen many of their festivals (and income source) cancelled due to the social distancing directives.

I have upped my Patreon levels for those I follow. I will also contribute to others as I participate in their sessions. I encourage others to do the same.

BTW, I anticipate that the stock of ukuleles will noticeably drop in the coming months.

All should be noticing the great increase of online sessions with the ukulele players/instructors that we go to see at uke festivals. This is often accompanied by a method to contribute if you derived value from it (PayPal, Patreon, online courses, etc.). All of them have seen many of their festivals (and income source) cancelled due to the social distancing directives.

I have upped my Patreon levels for those I follow. I will also contribute to others as I participate in their sessions. I encourage others to do the same.

BTW, I anticipate that the stock of ukuleles will noticeably drop in the coming months.

I will continue to support artists that have content on the internet through Patreon and PayPal. It is a way of giving back for their continued generosity on YouTube and other channels.

I think the supply of used ukuleles for sale will increase as people try to make ends meet. This thing will hit almost everyone from a financial point of view and some might have to sell instruments to pay the bills.

In the same spirit of helping, if members are selling here through the Classifieds because they need the money we should purchase those instruments if we can.

Top Bottom