Uke Talk or General Discussion?

Plus, when you're a uke player, everything relates to the uke so that everything is germane and not off-topic. For example in my little uke thread I often mention my food because you have to eat in order to strum. Sometimes the nature of the food preparation limits my uke time, and sometimes my uke time will limit what food I have. I could go on but it would probably come across as merely sophistic. However, offer me a topic and I can explain how my ukulele imbricates with it.

Feeling the same urge...Other Boards could be used for"General Discussion" for other stuff.

The Uke Talk section is a lot like a coffee shop. People don’t go there just for the coffee. They go because they want to feel connected to other human beans (pun intended). Coffee shops (much like classic diners) have become public living rooms for people who don’t want to be alone or who want to strike up a conversation with someone to see what they might share in common. The Uke Talk section has the same vibe.

Jan

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

The Uke Talk section is a lot like a coffee shop.
So should we be distancing ourselves from Uke Talk? ;)

I suspect part of the reason General doesn't get used is that it's tucked away beneath the fold way down at the bottom of the forum listings. Until this thread I'd forgotten it even existed. It would probably take a board reorg and some serious moderation to corral posts into the most on-topic forums.

Maybe we should rename "Uke Talk" to "Talk Story"?

Uke Talk is fine the way it is. Ukers can still ask silly questions about their ukuleles’ strings or tell us about their new or dreamed of ones to order, and others can post humorous or interestin’ stuff.

Everyone can learn and enjoy keepin’ up. If it wasn’t the best section of UU, it wouldn’t be the largest. :eek:ld:

Uke Talk is fine the way it is. Ukers can still ask silly questions about their ukuleles’ strings or tell us about their new or dreamed of ones to order, and others can post humorous or interestin’ stuff.

Everyone can learn and enjoy keepin’ up. If it wasn’t the best section of UU, it wouldn’t be the largest. :eek:ld:

I agree with Dick. Except for a few who would like everything to go into their designated boxes, we've been getting along just fine. Redefining the boxes will just make it worse.

Top Bottom