Corona Ukes

Timbuck

Reaction score
I'm in the workshop all day today "Self isolating" I intend bending up 4 sets of sides and fitting rosettes and bracing to 4 tops and fitting the bracings to to 4 backs..Then! after lunch I intend thickness sanding another 6 sets, and so on and so on until the sun sets over the North East of England. :cheers:

I'd like one of your Koa-rona sopranos, Ken. I'll look out for the listing. It would be something to look forward to, while I'm self-violating, or is it self-loathing?

John Colter

Whew! I thought the government advice was for us to all self immolate.

I can't wait to see the results. Your instruments are always so lovely

Is the one on the right the cuban?

Probably darker from all the cigar smoke!

The Brazilian tops (mahogany I presume) have a very interesting grain. Have you used that before?

I have used Brazillian mahogany many times, but! it didn't quite look the same as this .. this tree has a coarser grain with a pinkish colour but when the FP goes on it looks different again.

I'd like one of your Koa-rona sopranos, Ken. I'll look out for the listing. It would be something to look forward to, while I'm self-violating, or is it self-loathing?

John Colter

Don’t be greedy John, you already have one!
H

Howdy Howard! I haven't got a KOA uke by Ken - but you are right. I am greedy!

and unrepentant.

John Colter

Beautiful!
I had one of your sopranos but sold it to a friend. Pretty much the only uke I seriously regret selling. But it became my friends number one uke and he played several festivals in Europe with it since. That's a consolation.

Looking great, Ken! That Brazilian mahogany looks as though it will finish with a really striking grain pattern.

John Colter

And, lo, one of them was a 17 fret soprano.
In years to come collectors of Ken Timms ukes will pay ridiculous amounts to secure the complete set.
How about a limited edition of zero fret models?;)
Miguel

Top Bottom