Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pardon My Na´vetÚ

Quote Originally Posted by WoyWoy View Post
    I am the seller of the other MB listing today. I have sold an instrument here before by private negotiation after freely nominating a price and in general I think that’s what should happen. I just want to emphasise that I was upfront that I have not listed a price in this case because, seriously, I can’t say what price to put on it. The recent sale of an MB here would have guided me somewhat if the price had been revealed but it was removed. In any case, these instruments are top-level, they are few in number and there’s little to guide anyone by way of sales records. There’s no subterfuge going on and I hope no-one is suggesting that of me. The market price is what someone is willing to sell for and someone else is willing to pay.
    Don't think the recent sale of the other MB would have necessarily helped. My memory is that the price was the original sale price from back when. But then when I went to look again, it was already sold. Just sharing that FWIW.
    Ohana BK-70 | KoAloha KSO-02 | KoAloha Silver Tenor
    WTB So many...

I have responded to rbeetsme privately.
    Last edited by WoyWoy; 03-20-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Ed1 the reply wasnĺt aimed all at you. Sorry if it came out that way. The rest of the post was just my thought on the matter.. Just the part about UAS.. I never planed on owning 100 ukuleles either!! Haha
    Last edited by Jddewitt81; 03-20-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jddewitt81 View Post
    Ed1 the reply wasn’t aimed all at you. Sorry if it came out that way. The rest of the post was just my thought on the matter.. Just the part about UAS.. I never planed on owning 100 ukuleles either!! Haha
    Thanks for the comment. You're one of the folks whose posts I read to learn more. I can see people here are very happy having worked with you on a purchase.
    Last edited by Ed1; 03-21-2020 at 02:31 AM.

I don't know what all the drama is all about. If you have an ukulele to sell, list the price, post some pics, include seller info, simple. If you don't know what it is worth, start high and lower the price if no one responds. You know what you paid for it, right? Concerning scammers, unfortunately they are out there, buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jddewitt81 View Post
    If people know what you paid there is a huge chance they will automatically assume you should sell it for less..
    Oh well. The seller cannot be forced to sell for a price they find unacceptable. The buyer can always decline paying the asking price.

I knowingly bought a Kiwaya here for nearly twice the price the seller paid. And this I learned from searching the internet for the model because it was so rare. In fact, the only link I found to it online was to the seller’s old post here from when they posted an NUD after they bought it. Regardless, I thought the price was justified given the quality and rarity ( one of only ten made, I was to learn after purchasing it) of the uke.

I don┬’t alter selling posts to remove any info on a uke I┬’ve sold here and I would not agree to do that for any buyer. It just goes against my nature. I depend on my ability to research previous sale prices when figuring out what any instrument is worth, and I think it┬’s a disservice to the ukulele community when others delete such info, post sale.

That┬’s just my opinion, for sure, but if this were my site, it would be a strictly enforced rule that sellers cannot remove information unless the sale is withdrawn before it┬’s been purchased by another. Once it┬’s been purchased, they would not be allowed to edit the information unless it┬’s to announce it┬’s been sold.

In my opinion, if this is a site with a mission of sharing information about ukuleles, and I come here because I believe it is, then cutting out pricing information after a sale is contrary to that mission.
    Last edited by Swamp Yankee; 03-21-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Kiwaya KPC-1M; Kiwaya KCU-1, Takumi TC-1M, Takumi TC-3K, Musicguymicĺs Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

Iĺm a Luddite ...

Whatĺs a NUD?

ôposted an NUDö

Sorry, NUD = new ukulele day. A post announcing the poster has just got a new ukulele. Which is something I should have done after getting that beauty of a Kiwaya you just sold me.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Kiwaya KPC-1M; Kiwaya KCU-1, Takumi TC-1M, Takumi TC-3K, Musicguymicĺs Kolohe

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    Sorry, NUD = new ukulele day. A post announcing the poster has just got a new ukulele. Which is something I should have done after getting that beauty of a Kiwaya you just sold me.
    It's never too late..it would be SNUD (Somewhat New Uke Day). Bring it on!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    It's never too late..it would be SNUD (Somewhat New Uke Day). Bring it on!
    You’d like it, too. 1.47” nut and a nice slim neck profile. It’s sweeet!

Thread Information