Oops i did it again!

JJFN

Reaction score
"Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in again."

OK that's enough of the Britanny Spears and Al Pacino references. I consciously pared down my ukulele collection to four. Two concerts and two tenors, one each Low G and High G.

Then a Cocobolo Concert became available in the Cocobolo lottery system and I thought what the heck, I won't win anyway. Well I did. And I bought.
Next a Martin S1 became available on the UU Marketplace. Great ukulele, fair price, why not. So here I am back with 6 ukuleles and only two hands. UAS has returned.

I feel your pain, because I have been doing the same. I paired down and sort of convinced myself that I was all set and then bingo here I go again. My problem is that I love woods and finding the unusual wood combinations on ukuleles and their different sounds. So when a new combination comes up I am all over it. Also, I am constantly searching for a certain sound that I have in my mind which does not help. Good luck.

I feel your pain, because I have been doing the same. I paired down and sort of convinced myself that I was all set and then bingo here I go again. My problem is that I love woods and finding the unusual wood combinations on ukuleles and their different sounds. So when a new combination comes up I am all over it. Also, I am constantly searching for a certain sound that I have in my mind which does not help. Good luck.

Not really sure what drives me. The Cocobolo is a beauty, the Martin is very plain. Both sound great.

Nothin' wrong with that. I went from 16 ukes 6 years ago to 4 and since then I'm up to 9. To me it's the joy and fun of UAS.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Nothin' wrong with that. I went from 16 ukes 6 years ago to 4 and since then I'm up to 9. To me it's the joy and fun of UAS.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

That's probably one of the reasons kohanmike, probably several others also.

Well, a Cocobolo ain't a Martin, but dang I love the way mine sounds.
Congrats!
Are you going to show us pics?

Congrats!

I don't know Nickie, the Cocobolo is a pleasure to play. Haven't played a soprano in a looong time. Still adjusting to the smaller fingerboard.
Working on photos of the Cocobolo. The Martin, though a great ukulele is rather homely so I won't bother with photos.;)

Congrats!

I don't know Nickie, the Cocobolo is a pleasure to play. Haven't played a soprano in a looong time. Still adjusting to the smaller fingerboard.
Working on photos of the Cocobolo. The Martin, though a great ukulele is rather homely so I won't bother with photos.;)

I think if you tune them all slightly differently then it isn't an addiction anymore. It is a purely rational and practical decision. Re-entrant and linear count as different tunings.

I think if you tune them all slightly differently then it isn't an addiction anymore. It is a purely rational and practical decision. Re-entrant and linear count as different tunings.

Never thought of it that way. I like your logic.

Top Bottom