NUD - KoAloha KTM-00

Steedy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just received a new KoAloha Tenor from The Ukulele Site. Andrew and his crew did their usual bang-up job of filling my order, with a super setup and amazing packing & shipping!

This is a 2020 model KTM-00 which has the new body shape KoAloha introduced last year, so I just wanted to say a bit about how the new model compares with a 2016 KTM-00 that I already own.

The new body is noticeably rounder and so are its edges. It does not have a beveled armrest, but almost feels like it does, because the top and back edges are more rounded so it's more comfortable to hold. With the new bridge position and 14-fret join, it also feels like it's better balanced, although I could be imagining that!

My old KoAloha Tenor sounds great, but the new one sounds even better! It's brighter and sweeter, with more note separation. There may be a little more mid-range, but not enough to overpower the sparkling high notes. Steedy like!

Here's a quick pic, just so you'll believe me! :biglaugh:

20200320_135242.jpg

Congrats on the new model!

Congratulations, it’s nice that you have both old and new models so you can do the sound comparison.

It’s too bad they only sent you half a ukulele.............no picture of the back and it does have one :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Congratulations, it’s nice that you have both old and new models so you can do the sound comparison.

It’s too bad they only sent you half a ukulele.............no picture of the back and it does have one :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sorry Dave, here ya go:

20200320_135440.jpg

Top Bottom