Hi everyone from a new member.

tatayplayer

Reaction score
Hello my name is John aka tatayplayer, I have always played guitar..since the 60s but recently hearing Joe Browns "I'll see you in my dreams" thought I would have a go at the ukulele, bought a long neck soprano a couple of days ago and am now well and truly hooked. Lot of reading on this great forum, probably a good time to start with what is going on in the world.

Welcome tu UU, Tatayplayer!

Well, you already know guitar, so then you're ready to fly! No more open mike nights after today, but if you figure out YouTube or Soundcloud you can make your uke debut as a performer!

Wishing you well, stay healthy.

Same for me, John - guitar very day of my life since ‘65. Love my ukes!! My smile index went way up as soon as I began to play nearly a year ago. You’re going to have a long and happy relationship with your long neck soprano - and I won’t be the only one to tell you this: it’s probably going to need some “friends.”

Greetings and welcome from the East Midlands! I also played guitar from about 1960 onwards, but switched to ukulele eleven years ago, and have not played a guitar since!

Greetings and welcome from the East Midlands! I also played guitar from about 1960 onwards, but switched to ukulele eleven years ago, and have not played a guitar since!

Welcome tatayplayer and Faracd!
I gave up the guitar, mandolin, hammered dulcimer, and fiddle when I got my ukulele. Piano too. Probably should have kept up the piano.
Now I stick with the uke and banjouke, percussion thingys.

Top Bottom