Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Season 409: The Virtual Ukulele Club

We're now under a shelter-at-home order in Wake County (where I live) and it'll be extended statewide Monday until April 29. You can do many things (mainly buying food and medicine), but the seating areas at restaurants and bars are closed, which has pummeled a lot of small businesses.

My niece and her husband arrived at the state park in their camper at Myrtle Beach, SC, less than an hour before they closed the campground to new arrivals. She's an administrator at a group of blood banks and jumped into duty to work at the clinics several days this week. She heads back Monday and needed a respite. The beaches are eerily empty.

So ... everybody go surfin'!

SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Well, since I'm doing alot of walking (with doggies) to keep from going off the deep end during these crazy times, here's "I'm Walkin'" by Fats Domino. An easy 4-chorder that my uke group could add.

Last edited by Ukecaster; 03-28-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by UkeFoote View Post
    For Season 423 of the Ukulele, we're playing music of our ukulele "clubs". I lead several strum song circle type gatherings at the studio, but one of the ukulele gatherings I lead is the Artichoke Ukulele Orchestra (Ukestra); this is my five part arrangement of Henry Mancini's Pink Panther Theme which the Ukestra plays. Two tracks of concert ukulele, one track each of tenor, baritone, and Ubass.

Hey everybody - posting this a second time as I posted it back on Monday and it never has made it onto the playlist. Geoff said he put it on but I just checked and it seems to have been missed.
    Last edited by UkeFoote; 03-28-2020 at 12:29 PM.

See the post in the Site Announcements section, and repeated in the "Welcome back UU" thread in Uke Talk. It looks as if this forum is on the way out, and we are being asked to sign up with a new forum on Discord.
    One of the reasons given is that Discord is much easier to use on a phone/tablet, but I have just spent 30 minutes watching my phone refuse to install it. Anyone else tried? On a PC it looks...er...different...but as long as they recreate the Seasons, I'll be there.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I am posting two vids in a day but I recorded my previous vid yesterday and was unable to upload til today.
    Anyway here is my last.
    You don't need to be a believer to enjoy and acknowledge the religious genre.
    I have played soprano tenor and bari this week. I do have an 8 string tenor, concert and sopranino and also a banjo uke and guitalele - important to introduce the whole uke family to your uke club imho....if pressed I'd probably pick the bari as my fav.....
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 03-28-2020 at 01:12 PM.

Some songs really need to be played by a group. This is one. But I did it anyway, because I brought it to our jam and it has to have at least one banjolele to kick it off. You can help with the vocal echoes if you choose. 7 days, 7 uses. Day 8 will bring ... ?

SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    See the post in the Site Announcements section, and repeated in the "Welcome back UU" thread in Uke Talk. It looks as if this forum is on the way out, and we are being asked to sign up with a new forum on Discord.
    One of the reasons given is that Discord is much easier to use on a phone/tablet, but I have just spent 30 minutes watching my phone refuse to install it. Anyone else tried? On a PC it looks...er...different...but as long as they recreate the Seasons, I'll be there.
    Hmmm - just signed up, but it’s more of a chat server than a traditional forum. Not quite sure how the seasons could work on that kind of platform?
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Just downloaded Discord. It looks more like a chat app, but one of the UUers said it handled video uploads well. Rayan said he would create a special channel for the Seasons.

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Hi Geoff and other Seasonistas,

The site was down when I tried to post my Thursday entry and only returned a few hours ago.

So I maintained my one song per uke per day pace, as you can see if you go to the YouTube channel.

Here was one I did on my recently acquired (from Petaluma Rescuke, aka Spongeuke) Depression-era Martin 2. Between this and the Gibson, I'm a very satisfied uker.

It's honoring the late Curly Neal, longtime point guard for the Harlem Globetrotters and Greensboro, N.C. native, who passed Thursday. A legend of all time, but especially of my youth, watching him spin around and dribble the ball less than an inch from the court.

RIP, Curly. And we play Sweet Georgia Brown at the jam! Friday entry next.

I didn't know that. I'm so sorry to hear that. I remember Curly dribbling the ball on the court many times on TV. He was so talented. I'll miss him.

Wow great! They fixed it!

OK... So... two days later than I planned, here is my contribution this week. A song about our confinement and what I hope we learn from it:

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Thread Information