Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 409: The Virtual Ukulele Club

Hello, Geoff ... great idea for the week! I have never had the luxury of playing in a uke group ... I doubt very much whether there are any within a radius of less than 100 kilometres from here. I looked at various group songbooks online and was particularly attracted to the Taunton Strummers' book; whoever compiled it had a sense of humour. Anyway, this song featured in it, and, probably, in many other club songbooks as well. I put up the lyrics and chords in case anyone feels like strumming along.

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

I don't belong to any uke groups either but if I did I would hope a Who song would be in their repertoire. This is probably my favourite song of theirs, I've missed the bridge out because whilst it's great fun to play it's a pain in the proverbial to sing (for me at any rate).

Hi

Long time! Simple recording nothing fancy. This song is not part of our usual NJ music circle. Hope all is well with everyone.

Ciao
    " Why am I here why do I care, what do I hope to find? Nothing here can save me from the memories in my mind” GSC

Here is a song I introduced to the uke group I was a member of a while ago. I led the group once while the leader was away and got to keep the night's takings. I can tell you there is money to be made....
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 03-23-2020 at 05:50 PM.

A simple and lovely warm up song we do each time we gather.

I’ll try to post a different song (playing a different uke) each day.

Today: The Ohana SK 28 (Nunes inspired).

SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

For the joy of a group singing this song, go here:

For me trying to belt out one of my favorite songs from when I was a kid to a sleeping dog...
    Go here:

It’s like the old Choose your own Adventure books!

For Season 423 of the Ukulele, we're playing music of our ukulele "clubs". I lead several strum song circle type gatherings at the studio, but one of the ukulele gatherings I lead is the Artichoke Ukulele Orchestra (Ukestra); this is my five part arrangement of Henry Mancini's Pink Panther Theme which the Ukestra plays. Two tracks of concert ukulele, one track each of tenor, baritone, and Ubass.

Glasgow in the 60's... folk club scene, the Incredible String Band were a trio... with the addition of Clive Palmer, then they went to a duo with just Robin and Mike, before becoming a quartet with the addition of Rose and Liquorice. This was a song we sung way back then. It was only later I discovered that Mike Heron had borrowed rather heavily from Rev. Gary Davis's song "Oh Lord how happy I am" With men in times of trouble it is always whisky to the rescue... at least as a short term solution.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Most Tuesday nights (until this problem kicked off) I go to the Minster Ukes in York. About a dozen people in the back room of a pub, a complete mix of abilities, and a songbook which has gradually grown to well over 100. If any Seasonistas are ever in or around York, you would be very welcome.
    This one gets asked for most weeks.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

I was checking out what <TCK> posted and I think I just saw RedPaul getting slapped with a paternity suit.....
    Last edited by Yukio; 03-23-2020 at 04:13 AM.

Thread Information