Aloha for all of you from Hawaii

Cassie

Reaction score
Aloha to all of you from Hawaii. I send my aloha to you especially with the coronavirus spreading like wildfire these days. I hope you all come through unscathed as well as the rest of the world. Like that old mele says, ku ha'aheo e ku'u Hawaii, stand tall my Hawaii. And that goes for all of us, not just in Hawaii. I would like to do a kanikau or wailing chant for those who have passed on but unfortunately, I don't know any. do you think that anyone of you who are familiar with these kinds of chants could help me to learn one? I am not actually wailing right now because I do not want to attract my family's attention but, I do hope that in these times of trial, everyone comes through this virus unscathed. I'm not from Hawaii, but I am very very interested in their culture and language, music and chants. Mahalo to all of you for checking out this post. I know everybody by now is sick of hearing about this virus but, I feel that I should put a little something nice up here.

Life goes on here. The paranoid live in fear, buy mountains of TP and Spam and blame the tourists but, looking out the window, I see people walking around normally and children playing in yards and on the street. They actually look happy! On the other hand, I just saw a motorcade of Hawaiians in huge 4x4 trucks with signs urging tourists to go home. Meanwhile, expatriate locals flood into the airport from Vegas, Asia and beyond trying to escape the pandemic. I'm been doing a lot of practicing, planning my future and enjoying the down time. I think I gained a few pounds and drank more cold ones than usual.

A week ago I was sitting on Kuhio beach now I am in quarantine in Canada. Occupancy of hotels are now at 10% and yes tourists must and will stay away but this will affect the livelihoods of many people.

Top Bottom