Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: Pineapple Baritone with a big sound

Quote Originally Posted by Down Up Dick View Post
    My baritone is tuned the same as my two tenor guitars, and I use it like one.
    Which tuning do you use for tenor guitar? CGDA, GDAE, or DGBE (the latter like a standard bari uke)?

Nice looking and sounding bari....love the mid-tones in particular. Would love to hear your thoughts on the Aquilas. Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by wherahiko View Post
    Which tuning do you use for tenor guitar? CGDA, GDAE, or DGBE (the latter like a standard bari uke)?
    It’s tuned in the usual baritone standard, DGBE.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Quote Originally Posted by stevejfc View Post
    Nice looking and sounding bari....love the mid-tones in particular. Would love to hear your thoughts on the Aquilas. Congrats!!

Hi Steve,

Usually, I prefer fluorocarbon trebles, but these Aquila Lava strings seem to fit this baritone.
    -Hodge

Congrats, Hodge!
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

That is a good looking baritone Hodge.......its has an organic feel and appearance . I like it and I agree with you about it encompassing a “Folk Instrument” vibe. A nice full sound with good note separation as well. I am usually not a fan of herringbone trim but I really like it on this instrument, a well executed design
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Wow, with a body that large, and being baritone scale, I'd expect that one to be among the loudest ukes ever. A cool and unique instrument!
    John

Beautiful Baritone and great sounding too.
    Congratulations.

I've been quite impressed with Aquilla Strings on my baris.

Usually I go for FCs.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

Thanks for nice comments everyone.

This "Good Lookin" Gary Creed baritone, is fairly light. The top is so responsive, yet clear. Can't seem to overdrive it. It really does project and could be heard in a crowd (especially if I used the double piezo passive pickup inside). Definitely one of the biggest (maybe the biggest) volume ukes I have played. The sound board is the largest of any uke I've played, and all of that top is responding.

Here's another pic.

P1090355a by hejenkins, on Flickr
    -Hodge

Love everything about this uke Hodge! Especially the cute matching dimples on the top, the size and most of all the sound. Really warm full sounding ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Thread Information