Klōs All carbon tenor Ukulele - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate the review. Of note is your observation that the carbon fiber neck is an improvement over the wood neck. Wish I had an extra grand or so right now......really want a resonator next though....

Well I was #11 on the original Kickstarter campaign, and have been loving my original Klos with the carbon fiber rod reinforced wood neck. But when the all carbon came out I couldn't resist, and I think I was #6 on the new Kickstarter. So I'm pleased (but not surprised) to find that you like the new version as well.

One thing I never got a response to was the question of the tuners. The "Ratio" tuners are chosen to match the string diameter, with fine tuning on the thicker strings and coarser tuning on the thinner strings. But what about the G string? Seems as if they would need to choose a different tuner for high vs. low G, no? Supposedly we get to specify low G before shipment, and we'll see if that's a choice.

Thanks for the great review.

Thanks! Appreciate the review. Of note is your observation that the carbon fiber neck is an improvement over the wood neck. Wish I had an extra grand or so right now......really want a resonator next though....

Certainly fulfills the brief of 'being run over by a truck' as they claimed with the original much better! Though I do wonder if they changed something in the body - it's much more balanced in tone - it's like a 'grown up Klos'

Thanks Baz. Darn good thing it doesn't come in a concert size.
You keep me up at night sometimes!

Thanks Baz. Darn good thing it doesn't come in a concert size.
You keep me up at night sometimes!

Haha, I got all excited when the graphic at the start of the video said "Carbsoprano"! :D

Oh well, I don't have opportunities to drive over my ukuleles (accidentally or otherwise), so I'll manage with what I've got. :rolleyes:

Certainly fulfills the brief of 'being run over by a truck' as they claimed with the original much better! Though I do wonder if they changed something in the body - it's much more balanced in tone - it's like a 'grown up Klos'

That's certainly interesting about the more balanced tone. As much as I like my "original" Klos, the tone does suffer when compared to my Farallon. Can't wait to run a comparison with the new Klos.

Top Bottom