Chee Maisel Free Online Uke Fest

Joyful,

The packet contains sheet music, strum patterns, etc. from the artists who are performing and instructors. There's even a coloring book page. Also, there is no cost involved.

Bill

Joyful,

The packet contains sheet music, strum patterns, etc. from the artists who are performing and instructors. There's even a coloring book page. Also, there is no cost involved.

Bill

Thanks!
The ukulele community is very generous.

Now for the hardest part of any festival day: which uke should I take with me?

Oh wait, this time I can take ALL of them! :)

I'm so enamored with my new bamboo uke, that's the only one I'm going to use.

Aklot mine 800.jpg

The online festival is a lot of fun. Thanks for alerting us to the event.
I'm really enjoying the Hedge Inspectors who are playing right now.

Was watching Daniel Ward giving his lesson & thought 'he sure looks familiar'. Turns out he & a lady joined us at a gig last year at Kalakaua Gardens. He was in town to pick up a custom Koaloha, which looks like the ukulele he was playing today.

Was watching Daniel Ward giving his lesson & thought 'he sure looks familiar'. Turns out he & a lady joined us at a gig last year at Kalakaua Gardens. He was in town to pick up a custom Koaloha, which looks like the ukulele he was playing today.

I'm willing to bet that the lady was Heidi Swedberg

I stayed to the end of the fest and only missed a few appearances. It was tiring but great. I so appreciate that so many musicians and teachers donated their time to support this endeavor. It helps people stay connected and uked up while we stay at home. Thanks to all!!

It was so worth my time! I missed a few bits, but learned a lot. A few of my friends were also doing it, so it was nice to text them about it. I can't wait to do it again.

It was a blast! I live in Central Asia so I ended up going to bed at 4am, but it was a blast!

mikhou

I'm hoping the entire event (7+ hours) stays online. I wasn't able to watch all of it as life interfered today, but as a whole, the event had something for everyone. Pretty amazing. It would be more fun in person, with vendors and all--but this was a wonderful gift from all of them during these rough times in our country.

Craig & Sarah said they plan to host another festival next month with different guests. This must be a ton of work for them.

Looking forward to that one too. Seems that they have it together. I especially like Craig's video hardware setup. I'm also a photographer and do some videos and love gadgets (in the 70s my CB handle was Gadget Man).

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

We made it through the whole festival. Craig was so tired he was punchy.
It was most enjoyable. I had never heard some of them, including Cynthia Lynn, who is all the buzz around here, especially with beginners. She's quite good.
The festival took the place of our usual Saturday rehearsal, one of us has a bum elbow.

Top Bottom