Chee Maisel Free Online Uke Fest

BillM

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I love that musicians are sharing so freely at this difficult time. Music does help us get through times like this.
Something to look forward to. :)

Thanks for posting. I'm excited!!

Now, I have to negotiate whether I can use one of the TV's in the house (living room or master bedroom), or be relegated to my tablet in my daughter's room away from everyone else. :D

I believe Craig or Sarah has said the video will be saved on their Youtube page and available to view later. Quite a list of great performers will be taking part in the uke fest.

Bill

Thanks for posting. I'm excited!!

Now, I have to negotiate whether I can use one of the TV's in the house (living room or master bedroom), or be relegated to my tablet in my daughter's room away from everyone else. :D

i know who is going to win that one. Suggest you get headphones for your tablet

Just subscribed to the event and also donated $50 for future events. Looking forward to it. I shot a video of them at McCabe's Guitar Shop last November and gave them a link so they could download it and use it as they wish.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Craig Chee has just posted an update on his Facebook page about the Online Ukefest. This Saturday, March 28 at 10 AM Pacific Time he and Sarah will be answering your questions and giving information to help you "attend" the event.
https://www.facebook.com/keyofchee/?ref=py_c

Bill

Are you sure that isn't April 11? 1:00 Eastern Time.

Jerryc41, sorry for any confusion when I posted about yesterday's online event. Yes, the Ukefest takes place on April 11 and yesterday's get together was a trial run along with artists Neil Chin, Cynthia Lin, and Bryan Tolentino dropping in. Like you, I wasn't able to get back on UU for most of the day.

Bill

Jerryc41, sorry for any confusion when I posted about yesterday's online event. Yes, the Ukefest takes place on April 11 and yesterday's get together was a trial run along with artists Neil Chin, Cynthia Lin, and Bryan Tolentino dropping in. Like you, I wasn't able to get back on UU for most of the day.

Bill

Thanks. Got it!

Online uke jam every Saturday - http://ukulelecatskill.com/

On their Facebook pages Craig and Sarah (and Cameron) have announced the Pre-Festival Tech Rehearsal #2! This Saturday (April 4th) at 10AM PT. Featuring Aaron Keim, Brittni Paiva and Christopher Davis-Shannon. Sarah Maisel will be doing a mini lesson and Craig will be going over using Notability and answering any tech (or music) questions! Schedule for the April 11th Festival will hopefully be announced in full as well!

Bill

The test live stream today went very well. Lot's of fun, baby Cameron was a co-star. Looking forward to the big show next Saturday.

April 11th is almost here! The Festival packets are ready for download, about halfway down this page is the link:
https://www.cheemaisel.com/minifest?ss_source=sscampaigns&ss_email_id=5e7548e64b86f7360420010c

Also, it looks like another Festival is planned for May 2 featuring Herb Otha Jr., Abe Legrimas Jr., Li'l Rev, Uke Lenny, Steven Espaniola, Petey Mack, and more.

Bill

What is in the packet? Just wondering if it's worth signing up for.

I am looking forward to the festival tomorrow!

Top Bottom