Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cheap uke roll call

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    I can't imagine the transition between those 2 sizes!
    My $79 Globe sopranino and $30 Tempo baritone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Laura

Martin, KoAloha, Brueko, Mele, Mainland, Outdoor, Kala, Enya, Harmony, Tempo, Globe, Vega, Silvertone, Kay, Luna, Vorson, Zither Heaven, First Act

Flight TUS-35 is my sub $100 ukulele favorite. New ones go for $49 and are worth at least twice that imho. Bought mine used with M600 strings and it's a keeper.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Flight TUS-35

Makala Dolphin (or Shark) and the Enya EUC-X1M (concert HPL.) Sadly, the EUC-X1M seems to be out of stock both at Enya's site and on Amazon, but it is my favorite Enya.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Kala KA-SLNG long neck laminate mahogany soprano - one of my first ukes, & still picked up & played 4 years later.
    I'll add another vote for the SLNG. But I made the mistake of selling it.

I'm coming up to the one year anniversary of my last ukulele purchase and all this talk of Flight TUSL-35s is making me think I'm not going to make it that long.
    Glenn

A tie for first place:

-Kala KA-SLNG (with PhD strings)
    -Flight TUS-35 (also with PhD strings)

Both are under $100 and fun to play. They are my “no worries, go anywhere” ukes.
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

Quote Originally Posted by Cluze View Post
    Makala Dolphin (or Shark) and the Enya EUC-X1M (concert HPL.) Sadly, the EUC-X1M seems to be out of stock both at Enya's site and on Amazon, but it is my favorite Enya.
    I have been told the X1M is discontinued. They are selling the X2M, and also a new model with a fretboard that lights up like a Populele.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    I have been told the X1M is discontinued. They are selling the X2M, and also a new model with a fretboard that lights up like a Populele.
    They also now have the XK HPL, which seems pretty much like the X1M, but with a koa pattern instead of mahogany.
    Mainly a concert player.

Beansprout alto (myrtle) | Martin Konter | Kala Elite Soprano
    KoAloha Silver concert | Blackbird Clara | Kamaka HF-2A | KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia) | KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (spruce top)
    Anuenue UC200 Moonbird Concert | UkeSA Pineapple Sunday concert (acacia) | Pop's Pineapple Sunday (koa)

I have thirteen ukes that cost me $50 or less, including two that I made.

Unfortunately(?), I have thirteen at the other end of the scale.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I guess it would be the Flight TUS-35. I liked the Kmise soprano very much, and it maybe sounds better, but I have ukes that sound great. The Flight sounds good, it's fun to play, and it's durable, so it fills a niche that the Kmise doesn't.

I do find the thinline ukes more comfortable to play. In that respect I really like the Enya Nova U I gave to my son. The comfort makes up for the sound, which is pretty good, but obviously not great. It makes me think that a good thinline would be nice, but I don't want to go down that shopping rabbit hole.

Got my Makala Dolphin about a week after they appeared over here in the UK and it is a fabulous little instrument!
    All power and respect to you Concert,Tenor and Baritone players, but Soprano is what does it for me every time! (And my beautiful Sopranino!)

Thread Information