8 string ukulele strings - not wound

DaviHumbl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally got an 8 string ukulele and it’s great. The problem is the low G string is wound and I am just not a fan of wound strings on a ukulele. My Concert 4 string has a low G using an Aquila Red which is not wound, but I’m effectively looking for a full set and the red series does cover 8 strings.

Can anyone suggest a string set available in the UK that doesn’t use a wound string?

The standard set of Aquila Nylgut 8 string tenor strings that I'm , CURRENTLY using has a Red series Low G string. However given Aquila's habit or rapidly changing things (not necessarily bad) I would double check this before guaranteeing that a new set you bought now would have a red series Low G in the standard Nylgut 8 string tenor sting set.

The standard set of Aquila Nylgut 8 string tenor strings that I'm , CURRENTLY using has a Red series Low G string. However given Aquila's habit or rapidly changing things (not necessarily bad) I would double check this before guaranteeing that a new set you bought now would have a red series Low G in the standard Nylgut 8 string tenor sting set.

I agree, and hope that Aquila will keep the reds in their multi string packs. I have the six-string version of this with a low A on my Kamaka and it sounds and plays fantastic. I had a wound on it for a few weeks and it sure did not last long. Note that this is not the Aquila red series but regular new nylguts that come with red low G.

In the UK? No brainer. Living Water FTW! :shaka:

Top Bottom