The sun shines amid the doom and gloom

greenscoe

Reaction score
Today at 2 pm here in Cumbria, NW England its a glorious day! The sun is shining and it's nudging 20 C (68 F).

Its too nice to be in the workshop and with the whole of the Uk confined to home it is time for some work in the garden. It's been a long wet Winter this year and there's been no chance to tackle my perennial weeds: couch grass, dandelions and docks in particular. Its hard work because my soil is still wet and heavy.

But there's definitely Spring in the air. I have daffodils, primulas, tulips, fritillaria and hellebores....etc in flower. The magnolias and camellias are popping open and the apple tree buds are appearing.

Maybe I'll even find time to sit and play one of my ukes.

Stay home and stay safe wherever you are.

garden1.jpggarden 2.jpg

A cold spell with wintery showers and sleet forcast for Sunday.."Neer cast a clout till May is out" and all that stuff :) ...It has been a nice week of sunshine tho.

I haven't been able to ride my bicycle in over a week. I'm not much on cold weather riding and below 60 deg Fahrenheit is too cold or me. It won't warm up here til Sunday. I have been able to do some really good wood shedding tho. This whole stay at home order has not affected us too much as we're out in the sticks and don't go to town much anyways. The worst thing is we have cancelled band practice indefinitely. :(

I'm fortunate. My state is largely rural, and even though I live in a busy suburban valley, a few minutes' drive and I'm in less populated territory. I'm headed to a nearby wooded park in the morning for a bike ride. I spent a little over an hour yesterday doing laps on my bike around our subdivision. It was a lot quieter than normal. 18 laps and 10.4 miles, in slightly chilly but sunny weather. My biggest concern is people backing out of their driveway without looking. It has happened.

.... and I still haven't figured out how to play a uke while riding my bike. I'm not the most coordinated, so both hands firmly on the grips.

".... and I still haven't figured out how to play a uke while riding my bike. I'm not the most coordinated, so both hands firmly on the grips. "

Oh, I can do that but I'm tired of the hospital bills

".... and I still haven't figured out how to play a uke while riding my bike. I'm not the most coordinated, so both hands firmly on the grips. "

Oh, I can do that but I'm tired of the hospital bills
:D Good one

While self isolating I found that home deliveries were very difficult to book with delivery slots as far away as mid April...but luckily I manage to find a local supplier who managed to deliver some urgent supplies before I ran out completely..and they arrived today..Now life can carry on for a while
7D555042-E189-4CAB-9651-31B2BB23DD19 by Ken Timms, on Flickr

Attachments

• 5DBC3965-C4A2-403A-ACE0-454EFF30E1F3.jpg
    5DBC3965-C4A2-403A-ACE0-454EFF30E1F3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
.... and I still haven't figured out how to play a uke while riding my bike. I'm not the most coordinated, so both hands firmly on the grips.
Need to learn to unicycle!

Since I cant go to the gym now I've converted my laundry rack back into a stationary bike. Not sure I can pedal fast enough to be worth anything with a uke, but I'll give it a try! Our weather isn't conducive to the outdoor one yet.

I run twice a day.

First I run out of beer.
Then I run to the store to get more beer.

That's pretty funny!
I could ride a unicycle about 50 years ago but not with a flamethrower on my back while spraying Lysol

Top Bottom