For Sale Ozark Mandolele - hard case lovely condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark howard

Reaction score
SOLD
UPDATE PRICE DROP- £275 - THERE IS AN INSTRUMENT AT HOBGOBLIN THAT I PROBABLY DON'T NEED, BUT THE PART EX PRICE IS ROUGHLY A THIRD OF THE NEW PRICE, WITH CASE £225 - SO I HAVE DROPPED THIS BY OVER £100 POUNDS, IF THERES NO INTEREST, IT WILL BE IN HOBGOBLIN WHEN THEY RE-OPEN FOR MORE THAN MY ORIGINAL PRICE OF £380 - SO AT £275 INC POSTAGE UK - IT'S A STEAL, MESSAGE ME FOR ANY INFO

back up for sale, needs must i'm afraid, it's as new condition in a very solid £60 case, you will see from the youtube clip link, basically it was designed for Richard Harvey, who is also playing in the video clip he's playing the prototype, which is identical to the production model, which is what I am selling, it is a classic oval Mandolin shape but it has a wider neck ( 37mm at nut )and was designed specifically to be tuned Uke ( GCEA ) the strings are tune in pairs.

so the top two strings nearest to your head are

wound low G/ steel high g - octave
wound low C/ steel high c - octave
wound low E/ steel high e - octave
steel high a/a unison

as Richard says in the video you can experiment with tuning for a different sound. link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaJ204JU3yY

build quality is superb, it's cedar top back and sides and mahogany neck rosewood finger board, the gloss finish is beautiful, adjustable bridge/action very nice geared tuners, and ivoroid binding, front, back, soundhole and the finger board is also ivoroid bound.

if there is any interest I can upload pics or just send them direct, I had this up for sale some time ago, so there are pis with that old listing, but happy to refresh with new ones, I have gad it de-strung for some time, so will be putting a fresh set of decent strings on tonight

looking for around £380 with case and shipping included in price parcelforce 24 express, with the covid19 taking hold PF are not doing to bad 24 express is either on time or its a day or two slower

watch the youtube clip as Richard explains it much better, this is the not the pick up version, it's totally acoustic

NB - I am uk based, but delivery is safer with the covid19 lockdown, I will be heading out once a week for food and post office duties, sending food to my ageing parents, so I have no choice but to use the post office......

speak soon Mark

Nb - shipping- I am based in the UK so have added shipping in the cost as PF will cost around £20, if your in the USA or further afield I would have to get a quote, but the last Uke I sold a Tenor was sent to Japan, and that cost just over £60 uk pounds, so the USA would be similar, it's a guess, but as soon as it's international and requires customs paperwork, everything gets pricey.

open to any offer, but Uk Europe sale would be preferred

sorry about that, I should of been clearer

Mark

Attachments

• ozark2.jpg
    ozark2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 72
  • ozark4.jpg
    ozark4.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 36
  • neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 41
  • ozark.jpg
    ozark.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 36
  • brige.jpg
    brige.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
PRICE DRASTICALLY REDUCED - £275 inc shipping GETS IT.... UK SALE, ALTHOUGH THE UK IS STILL FAIRLY OK WITH POSTAL CARRIERS, THE REST OF EUROPE IS IN QUITE A BAD WAY, SO I THINK A UK SALE WOULD BE BEST

the actual Mandolele new is£600 depending where you buy it, and the case is a TGI lockable model which was £60, New strings and spares £31

it's all strung up now, sounds lovely

any question.... please ask

cheers Mark

Attachments

• casestrings.jpg
    casestrings.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2up.jpg
    2up.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 8
  • action2.jpg
    action2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Beautiful instrument. Another time...

Best of luck with the sale.

Wow, what a lovely sounding instrument. I wish I had the skills to play such as that.

Hi stevejfc, I did consider that once, I think I got as far as Charango strings, with if I recall are gceae, the 10 strings are doubled like the Ozark with an extra e, but not sure if they are octave or unison, but the scale of the charango strings
are in the range of 350mm to 370mm, they are all nylon apart from one wound string, which is still nylon wound not steel.

so not really a great answer, and without trying it not sure what it would sound like, I know on youtube there are some mandolins strung with all nylon, but not sure if they just used uke strings, I think the transfer of sound
through the floating bridge with this steel/wound strings is what creates that amazing resonant 12 string guitar sound,there is a link below of a Mandolin which looks similar size to the Ozark strung with Nylon, and it sounds
very nice, have look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfufR48N6bk

Hi stevejfc, I did consider that once, I think I got as far as Charango strings, with if I recall are gceae, the 10 strings are doubled like the Ozark with an extra e, but not sure if they are octave or unison, but the scale of the charango strings
are in the range of 350mm to 370mm, they are all nylon apart from one wound string, which is still nylon wound not steel.

so not really a great answer, and without trying it not sure what it would sound like, I know on youtube there are some mandolins strung with all nylon, but not sure if they just used uke strings, I think the transfer of sound
through the floating bridge with this steel/wound strings is what creates that amazing resonant 12 string guitar sound,there is a link below of a Mandolin which looks similar size to the Ozark strung with Nylon, and it sounds
very nice, have look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfufR48N6bk

Mark, thanks for your detailed answer.....very much appreciated.
Best of luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom