Trying to find the song TURN TURN TURN by Byrds \ fingerpicking style, not cords

CYN

Reaction score
I have been looking on You Tube and found different versions of the song but with cords. I am trying to locate a tutorial with finger picking instead.
I could only find one Fingerstyle UKULELE Lesson #255: TURN TURN TURN (Pete Seeger/The Byrds) by Helmut Bickel. However, it did not work for me because the chart was not clear enough. Anybody got any ideas? Is there a finger picking tab I could locate if not a video?

The original song as performed by the Byrds is flatpicked. EDIT: CORRECTION. Its played with a HYBRID technique of using a flatpick and some fingerpicking.
Anyway,
just take the chords as a basis and work out your own fingerpicking arrangement.

I have my own fingerpicking arrangement for this song that I worked out for myself and no claims as to its authenticity but it works for me.

Just finding CHORDS to start with is hard enough. After a bit of a search here are the basic chords that I use for this song,

https://www.yourchords.com/121791/Byrds/Turn-Turn-Turn-Tab/
I play these guitar chords straight onto a ukulele. EDIT: play the chord NAMES as written on your uke. Not the TAB

For the intro, you can get it by working variations on the opening D chord, Try working with 222X and variations 220X and 223X to get the melody working. .
Its a learning experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom