Stuck once more

jnicholes

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200326-073436.jpg

The Idaho governor issued a stay at home order due to COVID 19. Looks like I am stuck at home with my Ukulele.

Thank goodness I stocked up on food yesterday.

Might as well take this opportunity to practice and learn new songs.

Jared

Okay, I've been staying at home for two weeks now. Of course I haven't been ordered to stay home, just seemed like a good idea. But I have found that being able to play the ukulele is a big benefit to relieve the boredom.

Last edited:
Okay, I've been staying at home for two weeks now. If course I haven't been ordered to stay home, just seemed like a good idea. But I have found that being able to play the ukulele is a big benefit to relieve the boredom.

You and me both. It's a good idea to stay home to prevent the spread. At least we have our ukuleles to accompany us through this hard time.

A week ago today I showed up to work to discover that they forgot to tell me that we were going to be closed until...well, they don't know the end date. That's up to the virus. Then we got the stay-at-home order the next day from the governor.

Other than going to my mom's to help her out, (but being very careful about keeping that physical distance & cleaning surfaces that we both touch), I've been home. My dogs are loving this, (especially my dog with separation anxiety.)

I've been doing webinars related to my profession, (state and national organizations are trying to provide information), catching up on continuing education requirements, checking in with my mom and friends, (so far, everyone is doing OK, thankfully), having the plumber over yet again, (I suggested that we just set up a weekly appointment based on the way things have been going, LOL), and catching up on some reading.

And, the bright spot in the day is pulling out a ukulele or 2, and just playing for fun. So far, not working on anything new, but just enjoying time with the ukulele. Music will be something that definitely gets me through this period of time.

I've got lots of plans related to music, (spending time on musictheory. net, some online classes, learning some new music), and unfortunately, it looks like I'll have time for that, since the pandemic isn't going away any time soon.

I consider myself very fortunate to have something like music to focus on right now. There is nothing like music therapy. :)

View attachment 126119

The Idaho governor issued a stay at home order due to COVID 19. Looks like I am stuck at home with my Ukulele.

Thank goodness I stocked up on food yesterday.

Might as well take this opportunity to practice and learn new songs.

Jared

I don’t recall why but I thought that you were in Utah.

Your lock-down is at least specific in duration whilst here in the U.K. I’m expecting far longer than 3 weeks and many people are looking towards 3 months (particularly the old and those with underlying health conditions).

I’m hoping you’re the same as me and feel lucky to have some safe places to go outside of the house and to have food in the cupboards for a couple of weeks, many are not so fortunate and without a voice in this difficult time.

Yes, music is good therapy. Especially during this hard time.

I was fortunate to be shopping yesterday before the news came out.

Top Bottom