2019 KoAloha KSM-T2 Tenor Neck Soprano Ukulele w/ Pickup, Hardshell Case & Humidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

King David

Reaction score
2019 KoAloha KSM-T2 Tenor Neck Soprano Ukulele w/ Pickup, Hardshell Case & Humidifier

It is with great sadness that I must sell my new KoAloha KSM-T2 tenor neck soprano ukulele. This is a rare 2019 KoAloha T2 tenor scale soprano bodied ukulele basically a few months old upgraded with all the bells and whistles. KoAloha is working on but was not ready to release a new tuner for these lighter bodied ukes with longer necks - so instead Paul recommended upgrading to Gotoh UPT tuners. They are definitely lighter then the geared Grovers, tune super easy rotation wise, and hold tune very good. The T2 is really a joy to play now balance wise, strap or not. I did pay for a strap button just in case and it matches the koa nicely - super wavy koa not straight grained either so it is a looker. Also upgraded to have them install a top of the line L.R. Baggs Five.O pickup which they did a really nice job on. Rounded it off with a KoAloha hard shell case that actually fits the weird sized uke very well for the ultimate package.

The sound is incredible, louder then most tenors retaining the signature KoAloha soprano sound but with a clarity and crispness you don’t get from the regular short scale models. Plays like butter! My favorite part with the longer neck is it allows for more unique stringing and alternate tuning setups. String it with a light tension (or soprano size) set of strings, tune it up a bit to D-tuning(ADF#B), and if by magic this soprano transforms even more resonating fully with a chime like no other you will find.

This ukulele was made at the end of the year last year, condition is excellent with a few micro surface level "ghost marks"(those which do not pierce the finish but are just visible in the right light from actually playing it) on the face and back. One other thing to note, this uke left the factory with an imperfection in the finish on the backside that was caught by KoAloha after they had already shipped it. It’s not a mark actually, just an impression on the back in the koa wood from a natural and visibly apparent dark streak in the koa grain that the finish filled in. In Paul from KoAloha’s words:

“I would say just keep an eye on it for now. If it really bothers you in the future, give us a holler and we’ll take care of it. Sorry for not catching that on the way out. I would like to blame it on my aging eyes, but it’s something that I should have caught.”

It happens, it’s stable not a crack and shouldn’t spread, only visible in perfect lighting, and should you observe any difference in the future it stands with their lifetime “bettah then the weather” warranty. Near impossible to photo, I will send a video to the interested buyer where I turn it in the sunlight so you can see what I'm talking about.
Special UU only asking price is $1300 free shipping Con-US Lower 48 States. This one was my keeper for life. My restaurant which I was temporarily laid off from announced today they are permanently closing their doors due to the Coronavirus shutdown. Please, if you have the means help me out by purchasing - it has been by far my favorite ukulele in over a decade of collecting. Aloha, stay well and stay home.

Attachments

• IMG_E1695.jpg
    IMG_E1695.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_E1696.jpg
    IMG_E1696.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_E1697.jpg
    IMG_E1697.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_E1698.jpg
    IMG_E1698.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_E1699.jpg
    IMG_E1699.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reserved for more pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_E1700.jpg
    IMG_E1700.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_E1798.jpg
    IMG_E1798.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_E1800.jpg
    IMG_E1800.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 67622F3B-1F22-4E5E-8DC4-5964A222D735.jpg
    67622F3B-1F22-4E5E-8DC4-5964A222D735.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 45E4A4A2-AF8A-471D-9FE7-3F40C9C4A240.jpg
    45E4A4A2-AF8A-471D-9FE7-3F40C9C4A240.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Wow. Just wow. :drool:
I am very sorry to hear of your reason for selling. :p
Best of luck :shaka:

Wow. Just wow. :drool:
I am very sorry to hear of your reason for selling. :p
Best of luck :shaka:

Thanks Jim, I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to sell it so the price is what it is but I'm doing $1300 shipped for UU. I'm selling a Fishman PA too for $1400 so maybe that sells first then I keep this? I dunno, just need the cash either way right now.

Last edited:
Wow, I have a couple "super" sized ukes with the next larger scale neck, but 2 steps up is rare. I got 3 ukes arriving this coming week so timing is off for me. But it is a looker, and I love my KoAloha pineapple soprano sound, and tenor scale is my fav! If only...

Quick question for the KoAloha experts out there, what are the details behind the "better than weather" warranty? How long and to how many owners, does it transfer for some period of time?

Good luck with your sale and your work situation. Life would be awful right now if not for ukulele!

Wow, I have a couple "super" sized ukes with the next larger scale neck, but 2 steps up is rare. I got 3 ukes arriving this coming week so timing is off for me. But it is a looker, and I love my KoAloha pineapple soprano sound, and tenor scale is my fav! If only...

Quick question for the KoAloha experts out there, what are the details behind the "better than weather" warranty? How long and to how many owners, does it transfer for some period of time?

Good luck with your sale and your work situation. Life would be awful right now if not for ukulele!

Thank you! Here’s the details: lifetime warranty on repairs, if they can’t repair it they will just build you one at no cost, and it transfers from owner to owner. Verified by me, and there’s a 2020 KoAloha KCM on Reverb right now that if you read the description the seller obtained a 2004 concert in a trade that developed a crack and KoAloha legit sent him a brand new one. KoAloha is the best!

Thanks, and don’t get me wrong I will still have 1 ukulele left after this sale which is enough to make life not “awful” as you put it :)

Ah man, I really am sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not in a position to buy right now. (Cue Tennessee Ernie Ford) I owe my soul to the IRS...

That is a great looking Ko'Aloha Soprano Long Neck. It's a strong temptation to a tenor player like me to have a soprano sound added to my arsenal.

Some lucky person will scoop this beauty up.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Ah man, I really am sorry to hear about your situation. I'm not in a position to buy right now. (Cue Tennessee Ernie Ford) I owe my soul to the IRS...

That is a great looking Ko'Aloha Soprano Long Neck. It's a strong temptation to a tenor player like me to have a soprano sound added to my arsenal.

Some lucky person will scoop this beauty up.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Truth! My first symptoms of U.A.S. started with a bright & happy soprano sound, that sound is what captured me. Then I slowly moved on up to a tenor for the comfort of the scale. Enter now years later, holy grail soprano body tenor neck. Nobody else doing this (this) well, and a I.M.O. a true gem with light tension sets tuned up just a hair to D. To me, that’s traditional ukulele (back in the origin days of super tiny bodied ukes). \m/ thank you for the sweet condolences UU. Will never forget this community!

Truth! My first symptoms of U.A.S. started with a bright & happy soprano sound, that sound is what captured me. Then I slowly moved on up to a tenor for the comfort of the scale. Enter now years later, holy grail soprano body tenor neck. Nobody else doing this (this) well, and a I.M.O. a true gem with light tension sets tuned up just a hair to D. To me, that’s traditional ukulele (back in the origin days of super tiny bodied ukes). \m/ thank you for the sweet condolences UU. Will never forget this community!

Hi,
sorry if I've missed it but is there a sound sample of this lovely instrument please?

Hi,
sorry if I've missed it but is there a sound sample of this lovely instrument please?

No personal sound sample, as my audio recording capabilities are very low quality. However, I would urge you to listen with headphones to the 3 sound samples from Hawaii Music Supply/TheUkuleleSite.com. Andrew has thousands of dollars worth of the best recording equipment and it is as true of a sound sample as you'll get. But for serious buyers PM me though see what I can do :)
https://vimeo.com/theukulelesite/videos/search:koaloha%20t2/sort:date

Last edited:
Sounds great, thanks. I see what you mean about the traditional uke sound. It's a very appealing combination. Sadly I'm in Australia - the Aussie dollar has tanked against the USD, so anything purchased in that currency costs, like 150% of what it did a few years back. I wish you the best of luck in selling it though and I hope someone snaps it up soon. Cheers.

Sounds great, thanks. I see what you mean about the traditional uke sound. It's a very appealing combination. Sadly I'm in Australia - the Aussie dollar has tanked against the USD, so anything purchased in that currency costs, like 150% of what it did a few years back. I wish you the best of luck in selling it though and I hope someone snaps it up soon. Cheers.

I have one and it is brilliant. Maybe the nicest uke I have played. I have become a bit of a Koaloha fanboy, although the thinline tenor I tried didn't grab me that much. The small body on the t2 makes it a little more challenging to hold but that's probably true of sopranos in general.

If you ever come to Brisbane (if they ever reopen the borders!), you are welcome to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom