New Ukulele Underground Discord Server

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I want to invite you all to our new Ukulele Underground Discord server.

This forum is now 13 years old, and though she has served the ukulele community well, she is tired and needs a break.

Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time.

All you need is to click this link and create a discord profile.

https://discord.gg/spkGkGZ

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan

I also frequent a VW forum, they recently changed formats from something very similar to UU, maybe check it out, it would be better than discord for sure!
https://www.vwvortex.com/forums/

Not sure how Discord server is an improvement. All the topics funnelled into one thread? No thanks

Oh ugh. I just went there. There are no threads yet?

Isn't that post outdated, now that we are on this new forum? Nobody wanted to go on discord anyway.

Discord s great if you sit and enjoy tweeting all day but I like to search through old threads. there's all kinds of great info. Yeah this site can sometimes get repetitive but discord's nothing but one big pile of noob questions (at least from the sites I've been on that have switched. people answer things quickly on this site anyway.

That thread should be deleted permanently, especially with the UU forum now being done with XenForo, a very efficient forum service.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

That thread should be deleted permanently, especially with the UU forum now being done with XenForo, a very efficient forum service.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
Oh, I'm so glad we'll stay here! I really don't care for Discord. Cat'r says it's like a slow chatlines. :p Which is good in some circumstances, but not for threads and archives and what we have here.

CMouse

This is a test to see if I can now post

The new forum service is great. I think the way it awards points is a bit juvenile and quaint, but in every other respect it seems to function very well indeed. (y)

I want to invite you all to our new Ukulele Underground Discord server.

This forum is now 13 years old, and though she has served the ukulele community well, she is tired and needs a break.

Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time.

All you need is to click this link and create a discord profile.

https://discord.gg/spkGkGZ

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan
Feel like such a boomer for being so bumbly at using Discord. Then again I’m not a gamer, the users that favor it?

I'd like to be able to "tip" UU once in a while. I was doing VIP for a while, but I'd love another way to contribute without the auto-billing.

Feel like such a boomer for being so bumbly at using Discord. Then again I’m not a gamer, the users that favor it?
I am not a boomer but I don’t like discord.. Google cannot search it and unless you plan to live chat it is horrible

I dont like these chat app type forums (Tapatalk is similar,)
I'm sticking with this forum and Ukulele Cosmos

Funny, back around 2000, I got into NAXOS audiobooks on CDs. Not popular at all at the time. I could convert them to mp3s. Now, audiobooks are very popular like podcasts. Discord is ok but there is still a need for a forum like this. Keep it going!

Top Bottom