Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back UU

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember years ago when chat rooms were the big thing.

What year is this?
    I could never keep up with them, back in the AOL days ...
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert called Kalea
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone called Kalua
    Fender DG5 Dreadnought guitar named Tilly
    Tanglewood Discovery guitar
    Valencia hybrid classical guitar

My Music Blog

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    Have you looked at the UAS Group on Facebook? Very active.
    If this moves to FB I'm effectively barred. I've been fighting with them for months. It's long, and stupid, and we're stuck in a circular back and forth while their right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and they have trash policies anyway. /rant over But yeah, I won't be able to participate.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

Quote Originally Posted by WifeOnFourStrings View Post
    If this moves to FB I'm effectively barred. I've been fighting with them for months. It's long, and stupid, and we're stuck in a circular back and forth while their right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and they have trash policies anyway. /rant over But yeah, I won't be able to participate.
    This wouldn't be moving to FB, UAS is a separate group in itself, a bit like the UU group that's on there already.

My Music Blog

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    This wouldn't be moving to FB, UAS is a separate group in itself, a bit like the UU group that's on there already.
    I know that the info here can't be migrated to FB but I can't use FB at all because of some stupidity they have going on on their backend. For giggles I tried to get into my account after my earlier post and sure enough, they need to confirm my identity. Again. (I should point out they already have several pieces of ID from me) Now they follow up the confirmation request with, "We currently can't verify your identity. Please try again later."

My own problems aside I don't understand why people continue to use a platform that sells their data to shady organizations, conducts experiments on users without obtaining the users explicit permission, and I won't even bother to link to articles about the political shenanigans.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

Well you're not missing much. Facebook has become very boring. If it wasn't for the groups that cater to my many interests I'd quit. I'm not interested in social media for its own sake, and can't be doing with people's dramas on there!
    But on the other hand, at the moment with what's going on, its handy to keep in touch with family, keep an eye on people.

My Music Blog

Another subscription to UU VIP

Kudos you guys, for stepping up with those paid subscriptions!

I've been away from this thread and have not reviewed all the posts yet, but did have an idea regarding the SIZE of the forum database:

If the sheer SIZE of the database has become unmanageable, could we archive this current forum and start fresh with a new similar forum?

Ideally, we could still search the old forum while participating in a new forum with a smaller, cleaner database.

That's just my thoughts anyway. I'm not a scientist, although I sometimes play one on Facebook!
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Mahalo, UU for taking the initiative to make the right moves!

hope I can learn the new format
    Uncle Rod Higuchi
    ( rohiguchi@gmail.com )

MP3s: http://www.mediafire.com/?50db7nls4o6m6
    Ukulele Boot Camp, FREE Songbook, Holiday, Hawaiian & More: http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com
    Crazy G tutorial on YouTube ( uncle rod crazy g )
    pdf file for Crazy G:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0o6id06c06...20TAB.pdf?dl=0

With all the negative comments about Discord, I doubt it will end up being the new UU forum. if it is, I will most likely not use it very much since it does not serve the community very well.

Too old and tired to handle these changes;while the forum remains in this form,I will be a regular visitor.When/if if migrates, I will be gone.....
    All power and respect to you Concert,Tenor and Baritone players, but Soprano is what does it for me every time! (And my beautiful Sopranino!)

Thread Information