Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back UU

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    The LTG Guild forum has a new tech wiz owner and he just moved that forum to a new server called XenForo. But the LTG is much smaller than UU.
    This one looks interesting. I'll look into it. Definitely seems to have better mod tools than vbulletin. thanks
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Aloha Ryan please keep the forum as it's an inspiration to all ukers, gang if you haven't supported UU VIP program in the past this is the time to
    Making music is a gift in itself, and when you can share it ....it is your gift to others

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    This one looks interesting. I'll look into it. Definitely seems to have better mod tools than vbulletin. thanks
    Rayan, aren't you aware how much the people who take part in the Seasons, in particular, rely upon the current format? In fact, the general consensus of opinion here seems to be that the majority of people want the existing format to continue ... they DO NOT want a chatroom! I, myself, am not even able to access Discord. If it is a question of receiving more funds in order to find a more suitable solution or even update the current site, I don't doubt that a lot of people would be prepared to contribute. We haven't actually been asked, though! We are grateful for all that you and the other mods do ... but, in this instance, please reconsider; or you are going to destroy a community!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw
    ​"Never hurt that person whose only intention was to see you happy."

Jerryc41 said "Actually making the payment is different from discussing it, and it would have to be an on-going payment"

I've put my money where my mouth is, as they say, and have subscribed to VIP for twelve months. I know this is only gesture, but I make it as an act of faith in the future.

I just hope UU has a future and that I will continue to be part of it.

John Colter

A new UU VIP here, too. I hope that the forum will be going on, in some form or other, because chats are something else. Anyway, becoming UU VIP now is my thanks to the mods and this fine community for the knowledge sharing and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    +1.

I greatly appreciate all the work that the mods have been doing over the years, as well as the contributions of the members here.
    I don't like chats, so won't go to Discord if that's what it is. I also don't do Facebook, so if this moves over there, I'll be out, too. But, that's my choice, and not a reason for anyone to decide one way or another about those options.

This forum has played a large role in my ukulele/music experiences, which probably would have quickly ended without this forum. It's been a fantastic resource, with both current posts and the archive of old posts to read through. I would certainly pay for that option.

I have paid at times, and would do so again. If the mods decide to charge a fee to take part, or set up a gofundme (or similar type of thing), I'll definitely contribute. I'm currently out of both jobs I work, but that means that I have more time for something like this during my shelter in place orders, and I'll make sure to contribute $ if that will keep the forum going.

I know that it wasn't COVID-19 that might take out this forum, but it kind of feels that way, due to the timing. So much is changing right now for so many. I hope that you all stay safe and stay healthy, whatever happens to this forum.

IBID-
    For me, a "chat" doesn't deliver what I've enjoyed about the format here, regardless of the 'age' of the format. Perhaps it's lasted that long because it work for the participants.

Put out some of the financials and figure out what it would take to keep this going. Your time and experience is not only valuable, but "priceless" when it comes to the archival information here. I spent half an hour trying to navigate through the Discord (appropriately named, BTW), looking up specifics and trying to follow a topic and subsection. Very cumbersome (and I've written code in UCSD Pascal!!). I work in both the PC and MacOS world and use iOS 'screen' products. I just can't see using discord in those environments.
    KoAloha KSM-10 Pikake ::: Kanile'a Islander MAPG-4-C ::: Kanile'a K-2 Super Concert ::: Kala KA-SSTU-SMC-C ::: Ohana SK-50G ::: Enya Nova U Concert ::: Kala KA-ABP-CTG Bari ::: Fender Montecito Tenor Koa :::

Thanks to all of the new subscribers! I've been a VIP since before I even joined the Seasons. When I first discovered the forum, the informational threads and Marketplace alone were worth the investment to me. Once I discovered and started participating in the Seasons, even more so!

and thanks to Rayan for keeping an open mind! I've been poking around on Discord, doing my best to do the same ~
    Talk less, play more . . . .

Two points:

1. If you havenít paid for UU VIP status because you thought the forum wouldnít last you were right, so now donate for all the years you were wrong!!

2. Please donít lay a guilt trip on UU for possibly needing to shut the forum down, we the membership are the ones that should be feeling guilty for not supporting it with donations.

I will really miss this forum if it goes away, how many folks have sold ukeís on the forum, some of that sale money could have gone for your UU VIP membership. Not to go overboard here, I also pay for UU+ to help support this (I assume UU & UU+ are one organization) group. But, I digress, Iíll just stick with whatís happening here.

In my opinion, membership should have always been required to use the Marketplace, this is true on other such forums.
    Last edited by bg42; 03-29-2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Post thought
    Kinnard Tenor, Kamaka HF-3, Jonathan Mann SEU-T, Kala's TEM/SRT-CTG-E, Cordoba 20TM, Risa Stick Tenor, Outdoor Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by kolibri View Post
    A new UU VIP here, too. I hope that the forum will be going on, in some form or other, because chats are something else. Anyway, becoming UU VIP now is my thanks to the mods and this fine community for the knowledge sharing and fun.
    Seconded, Ylle! Another new UU VIP ... I hope someone out there is noticing the remarks made here!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw
    ​"Never hurt that person whose only intention was to see you happy."

Et moi /\

4 10

Thread Information