Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back UU

Default Welcome back UU

That was quite a hiccup!
    John

SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE1 (Olympian label) • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Reposting my posts in site announcements, we are debating whether or not to close this forum sometime (lock new registrations and posts) in the future. I understand that there is so much history here and reasons why people would want to keep the forum, but its expensive and time-consuming to maintain and the revenue that UU VIP and the ads bring in does not nearly cover the expenses. However, nothing is final and I'm listening to feedback. (edited post for clarity)

:

I want to invite you all to our new Ukulele Underground Discord server.

This forum is now 13 years old, and though she has served the ukulele community well, she is tired and needs a break.

Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time.

All you need is to click this link and create a discord profile.

https://discord.gg/spkGkGZ

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan
    Last edited by rayan; 03-28-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time. ... ...

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan
    I don't use a smart phone or a tablet --- just a plain laptop that has extremely high security. I only want to post & read posts -- simple stuff -- no games or live chats -- so, is it absolutely necessary for me to install DiscordSetup.exe?
    Last edited by bellgamin; 03-28-2020 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typos

Yay! I was so sad when the site wasn’t available. Looking forward to the new platform as well!! ���� ��
    Current Uke Family:
    ~ Mainland Mahogany Satin Concert ~ KoAloha KCM-00 (Koa Concert) ~ MP Black Walnut Cali Concert x Mike Pereira
    ~ Rebel Soprano Double Crθme (Mango)

"Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine." ~ Lord Byron

you can use discord from any web browser. You don't need the app.

YES Mahaloz!

Yeah, UU looks like a 1990s bulletin board but that's part of the charm. It's like a time machine and I feel like I'm 25 years younger! But I suppose the retro features and appearance are embarrassing to the tech trendy. Not a smart phone or tablet user—screens too dad burn small. 27 inches seems to be my minimum screen size for optimal viewing.

its more about maintaining and modding the forum that has been the issue over the past few years. The database is huge and the mod tools available aren't the best.

YES Mahaloz!

Thanks Rayan for what you, and all the mods do. I'm a geezer, but will give it a try!
    John

Okay, I registered there but I'm 90 and too set in my ways. It is much too black and *groovy-juvy* for this old dog. No offense, but I will probably stay here at this forum until it fades away, then ... sayonara.

(In actuality, Discord is not really a "forum" software, is it? On the other hand, XenForo, for example, is a modern, 21st century forum app, in use by forums across the internet, such as THIS one.)
    Last edited by bellgamin; 03-28-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Thread Information