Welcome back UU

I don't actually. bellgamin gets it.

Has there been any update regarding a possible xenforo migration? (I wonder if that's in any way associated with ZenForums from way back when?)

I would happily bomb it from orbit if I could. But I cannot close it. I'm stuck in some kind of circular loop. :mad:

You used the word "b*mb." Expect a visit from men in black suits and dark glasses. ;)

I have tried to set up Discord on my tablet using the link provided but it says it is not compatible with my android tablet, any suggestions folks ?

So, what happened here? You needed more money, a lot of people seem to have upgraded in response, and not a peep from anyone?

Did the money actually go to helping the forum at all?

I think there's been some good solutions offered. vBulletin, for example, or XenForo

Another solution would be to dump all of the information on this site onto something like archive.org, then add a new section about tutorials, information, tips, how to, Chord shares etc, and put those into a locked section, and then create a separate "discuss this" button that takes you to a Discord or simple message board, which self-deletes every 90 days when timed out.

Maybe someone can go through what is here now and transfer the useful information posts into the new locked section.

And if you have questions about the post, just pm the op and they can update the op with additional information in case others have a similar question. And have Inboxed auto delete 30 days after reading.

You could turn UU into strictly an informative site, full of user-contributions, without any comments or replies, saving those for PMs and Discord chat, and relying on the Ops to update their posts with relevant information from the feedback and questions they receive

You could also give users the option to click an option in their post or reply that says "self delete in 30 days" for posts and replies that aren't meant to be important lasting information for generations

Last edited:
Yep, lots of suggestions and here’s another. What about just letting things be as they are right now? The site owner’s got a lot of other stuff to deal with too and the simplest thing for them to do would be to pull the plug on here; please, let’s not given them any hassle or reasons to do so.

Is UU perfect, a 10 out of 10? Maybe not and maybe it could be better, but heck it’s still an absolutely excellent site. Please, let’s give the site owners a break and simply just be grateful for what we have. Maybe, in time, they’ll be ready to look at software solutions and have funds available but in the meantime let’s just remember that they ‘have bigger fish to fry’ and cut them some slack.

Yep, lots of suggestions and here’s another. What about just letting things be as they are right now? The site owner’s got a lot of other stuff to deal with too and the simplest thing for them to do would be to pull the plug on here; please, let’s not given them any hassle or reasons to do so.

Is UU perfect, a 10 out of 10? Maybe not and maybe it could be better, but heck it’s still an absolutely excellent site. Please, let’s give the site owners a break and simply just be grateful for what we have. Maybe, in time, they’ll be ready to look at software solutions and have funds available but in the meantime let’s just remember that they ‘have bigger fish to fry’ and cut them some slack.

If I could simply give a Thumbs-Up, I would, but I have to enter characters. ;) I agree. We should be grateful that we have this forum, quirks and all.

Yes, and I am sure everyone here is in agreement that we appreciate the job they do continuing to keep it up and running. I am sure it is a difficult ad thankless job.

If memory serves me right, the reason of the original post was because the site was being continually targetted by spammers, the software was old & cumbersome to configure, meaning it was taking up a lot of their personal time to keep it running smoothly; & rightly so, they were getting fed up with it all.

I'm not sure what they actually did in the end, but they over came the spammers, & we got our forum back, for which we gratefully thank them.

Top Bottom