Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome back UU

I'm all signed up and my e-mail is verified, but the "e-mail verified" window won't let me "Continue to Discord" no matter how many times I hit the button.

UPDATE: OK, I found another way in, but I don't see anything about a ukulele discussion group there.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of having to keep re-learning technology for things that should just be simple and free of techno-stress. This is a discussion about ukuleles, little wooden boxes with strings on them. Why does it have to be any more complicated than it is?
    Last edited by Papa Tom; 03-28-2020 at 01:34 PM.

That there won't be threads per se is concerning. UUF threads are a treasure trove of information, that can be searched for. It'll be a shame if all that will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubeistan View Post
    That there won't be threads per se is concerning. UUF threads are a treasure trove of information, that can be searched for. It'll be a shame if all that will be lost.
    we are not planning on taking down the forum. What we may do is lock the new user signups and new posts. We'll see how it goes.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Terribly frustrating. This is not a migration, this is terminating a forum and starting chat sessions. So long ukuleleunderground

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    we are not planning on taking down the forum. What we may do is lock the new user signups and new posts. We'll see how it goes.
    It is taking down the forum. You just admitted to that. If you lock out new user signups and new posts it will end ukuleleunderground forum. Why are you killing ukuleleunderground forums?

Quote Originally Posted by ukeanixi View Post
    It is taking down the forum. You just admitted to that. If you lock out new user signups and new posts it will end ukuleleunderground forum. Why are you killing ukuleleunderground forums?
    Keeping this forum up is very expensive to operate and time-consuming to manage. The size of the database of a 13 year old very active forum is huge. The little revenue the forum generates does not cover its operating costs and hasn't for a very long time. The mods have thankless jobs and are tired as well. We will see how it goes. I'm listening to feedback.
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

Quote Originally Posted by rayan View Post
    Keeping this forum up is very expensive to operate and time-consuming to manage. The size of the database of a 13 year old very active forum is huge. The little revenue the forum generates does not cover its operating costs and hasn't for a very long time. The mods have thankless jobs and are tired as well. We will see how it goes. I'm listening to feedback.
    Rayan,
    thank you for the hard work!
    As far as the new "thing", it's not a forum. It's a chat platform.
    Alternatives don't exist unfortunately: yousician have a discussion forum focused solely on their app, that's all I see out there anywhere close.
    That's alright, we can handle adversity.
    Peace.
    Last edited by ukeanixi; 03-28-2020 at 02:12 PM.

I signed up and can't figure out how to see various topics that might be of interest for discussion. I am not interested in chat function. How can a new topic for discussion be started there?
    Last edited by merlin666; 03-28-2020 at 02:13 PM.

I agree, a chat thing doesn't suit me either. I found a Barry Maz facebook page....solely focused on reviews. Nothing out there like UU. Hey, Bill Gates, how about some money here?!?

Rayan, I also deeply appreciate your hard work and dedication in running this GREAT forum. Another option for an easier-to-maintain forum is vBulletin. Their version 5 is just $249 for life of ver. 5. I would be happy to donate that sum if you folks decide to go with vBulletin. Just PM me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At all -- Guitar forum has an Other Stringed Instruments segment that includes ukuleles. If they got a lot of new ukulele members they might agree to separating that segment into topical sub-forums. I already am a member there, & I have seen a few other UU members there,as well. (By the way, that forum uses vBulletin --should give you an idea of how it looks & works.)
    Last edited by bellgamin; 03-28-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: syntax

Thread Information