Please move to our new UU discord server

If the forum does close, maybe we can move to the MIMF.
I am quite sure Charlie would make a Ukulele section for us.
https://www.mimf.com/phpbb/index.php

I just signed up with mimf. Looks like a great board. Hopefully we can get an ukulele section... I've written to the administrators of Ukulele Underground about closing the forums and never got a reply back. Kinda sad. Not aloha.

I'm not a builder (except for a plumber's flute and similar fun craft ideas), but I had a look and it looks like a place I could hang out. I might go lurk there if UU indeed comes to an end. I joined only at the start of the year and I've checked in most days. So I will miss this place. Everything must come to an end eventually, I know. However, Discord seems pointless. For me as well it would mean checking out and maybe joining a Francophone uke forum, the MIMF, chiffandfipple, or just simply practise, practise, practise.

I'll add my thanks for all the hard work the moderators have been doing all these years. I am curious if there will be a list with essential and desirable qualities new mods would need. I noticed that there were several members that mentioned they could help out already. But I haven't seen a public post about the requirements so far. That could be significant, or maybe the moderators are currently really busy looking into alternative or temporary solutions due to the many apprehensive reactions to the invitation to join the Discord.

Looking at the mounting cacophony on discord, even the existing Facebook group seems to work better.

I would suggest tapatalk but I got sick of being signed up to and updated on forums I had only popped into to read minor technical details on a car to etc.

I had been thinking the less technical areas of the forum might have been ok on discord but it does seem the magnificent ill informed, uneducated and opinionated input into every little idea or request is even more flooding on discord than it is in facebook.

I tried to get onto the discord thing but every email I tried was greeted with "the email does not exist" which is totally untrue. I don't know where to go from here. I'm thoroughly disinterested in clicking "forgot your password?" because there is no help to remember the password, only a way to change it, which I have zero interest in doing. Help?

Chuck, don't bother, Discord is not a forum, it's a chat where any given channel is one long thread. We're not able to create our own thread in the channel. Channels are, Reviews, Marketplace, Gigs and Shows, etc. There's only one long thread in any of the channels.

I just signed up with mimf. Looks like a great board. Hopefully we can get an ukulele section... I've written to the administrators of Ukulele Underground about closing the forums and never got a reply back. Kinda sad. Not aloha.

Sheesh, that has nothing to do with Aloha. It just means maybe they don't check their PM box or email very often. Most people in Hawaii rarely do, especially younger ones. I try not to look as getting tangled up in the endless stream of email is a real time waster. Plus Ryan has stated on this forum several times that they are considering other forum software but haven't decided yet. Hard to come up with a definitive reply when they're still wearing the thinking cap (and on Hawaiian time).

Chuck, don't bother, Discord is not a forum, it's a chat where any given channel is one long thread. We're not able to create our own thread in the channel. Channels are, Reviews, Marketplace, Gigs and Shows, etc. There's only one long thread in any of the channels.

Ah!! Good to know. I don't know enough to opine about anything much. I am good at asking for handouts... Crumbs of wisdom in getting pointed in the right direction in building a few ukuleles.

Rayan, is it possible in Discord for us to create our own channels as a way to create an individual thread?

Tried Discord but it is not the right platform. Facebook is better.

This is the best forum for developing your playing skills, and staying in touch with the community about events and so forth. I've even made friends with a few people here, and met two of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The discord invite here still works and the discord is technically alive, but it’s pretty much emoty except for the UU bot announcing new videos

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reposting so as many people possible will see this:

I want to invite you all to our new Ukulele Underground Discord server.

This forum is now 13 years old, and though she has served the ukulele community well, she is tired and needs a break.

Discord is a realtime chat platform that is free to use. There are apps for it for every device and you'll be able to talk and post pictures and even voice. chat with your fellow UU members in real time.

All you need is to click this link and create a discord profile.

https://discord.gg/spkGkGZ

The forum will stay up, but honestly, discord is a much better place to hang out in this day of smart phones and tablets. The mods and I will get it set up just like the forum so you won't miss much from here. I hope to see you all in there.

-Ryan
So I did and got immediately banned!

Top Bottom