Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 424 - ‘On The Spectrum’

Blue in the lyrics of this one, Ringo's first solo hit single back in 1971, with a little help from George.

Chased a rainbow down a one way street. One take, obviously.

Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

Quote Originally Posted by DelGriff View Post
    Evening all - nearly bedtime here in deepest, darkest Kent, so I thought I’d better end the day with a little message of encouragement. Big drop in entry numbers today - which is often the case after the weekend and I’m hoping in no way a reflection on the theme or hosting skills on show! (Feeling guilty? Then bring me a song or ten! ) I think ‘quality not quantity’ is a good way to describe the day’s entries!

Keep safe and well everyone - see you in the morning!
    Trying to figure out balancing telecommuting, sharing one computer with my wife who is also telecommuting, and finding time and energy for playing uke has been confusing. I've missed four straight Seasons, and I don't know whether that's ever happened before. But I'm working on a couple of things for this week.

I just signed up for Reddit. It seems even more obsessed with Likes than Facebook. Do we have to constantly be "Liking" every single post that everybody makes to not incur Reddit's wrath?
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Not even halfway through the week and we’re up to 32 entries after another fine crop of songs overnight. Thank you everyone!

And can I just remind you all that Steve is running an online open mic event for us all later on Zoom. As far as I know it’s a first for the Seasons! Technology permitting I’m hoping to participate myself and it would be great to see a good number of you there also. If you’re unsure of the starting time it will start approximately 6 hours and 20 minutes after the time this post is made - I hope that’s helpful! Thanks so much for arranging it Steve!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

This is not just white. It's whiter. Few stumbles with co-ordinating harmonica and uke, but I thought just get it up there.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Here's an Elvis Costello cover.

Almost blue
    Within angstroms of the proper hue
    I see the difference when it's there in view...

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

thank you for this week Del
    this, a lovely Shannon Lyon song Kevin and i recorded yesterday

57 channels and nothing on... or it seems that way, for everybody is broadcasting the same news.
    For the sake of your mental health turn the TV off and do some meditative bird watching. Bird watching is a contemplative art... waiting for the birds to arrive... observing what they do... their modes of flight... what they eat... what they look at... and why they depart all of a sudden. You can learn a lot from birds.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    57 channels and nothing on... or it seems that way, for everybody is broadcasting the same news.
    For the sake of your mental health turn the TV off and do some meditative bird watching. Bird watching is a contemplative art... waiting for the birds to arrive... observing what they do... their modes of flight... what they eat... what they look at... and why they depart all of a sudden. You can learn a lot from birds.
    Yes, well WOULD do that, but I am rapidly running out of bird food!
    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George Bernard Shaw

"Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city" George Burns

Thread Information