Season 424 - ‘On The Spectrum’

Morning all - just over a day to go and the entries are still rolling in - I’m a very happy boy! At the start of the week I was hoping we might end up with 50 songs - well we’ve just hit the 63 mark, which is a fabulous effort! Thank you all! So it’s overlap Sunday - know Andy’s excellent TV theme will start to draw you (and me!) away, but any extra entries you can manage here today will be very much appreciated and a huge bonus! Please check the playlist and let me know if I’ve missed anything! Thank you all again! :)

Edit: now 64 entries - Jon snuck one in as I was writing this! :)

Last edited:
Great week this week!

I thought I was done already. But the idea I had had earlier for a song using "Gamma Rays" finally gelled.

So here is my "Gamma Ray Blues". Enjoy!

PS Forgot to add in the credits that the CGB Slide "Mississippi" is by Crow Swamp Guitars

Last edited:
When you are old and gray

Neither grey, nor black, nor white are actual colours on the electromagnetic spectrum (they're tones). But as the second two have been allowed in, I'm claiming a stake for grey :)

Radioactive, by Imagine Dragons. Sorry for the repeat, as I saw that elmann posted a fine version here. I was working on this one earlier in the week, then forgot about it until now.

So with some sadness and much appreciation to you all, I now declare ‘Season 424 - On The Spectrum’ at an end! You’ve all been magnificent - thank you soooo much. I’ll be back in a day or two with a wrap - watch this space! Now go play some TV intros for Andy! :)

It's really been a great week Del! thanks for being a great host and giving us all the reason! It looks like some great late entries and I see the Severov's made an appearance! Cheers ~

Thank you all for your kind words!

And here’s the wrap! Thank you all for a fabulous week! :)

Will the winners and runners-up please PM their email addresses to me - you’ll have to watch the video! (And please let me know exactly how you would like your name to appear on the certificate!)

Oops! Missed one - Brian UkeFoote’s cover of Electric Funeral is an extra winner - somehow missed it when going back through to make my decisions! Sorry Brian - pm me with your email address and I’ll send you a winner’s certificate ASAP!

Last edited:
Great wrap. Thanks for the shout out. I am glad to be back!

Ciao to all.

Splendid wrap old chap...and I’m most pleased to make the podium.I do like the idea of your Sign of the Times prize approach. Will Pm you.
Take care Del.

STOP PRESS - ONE MORE WINNER!

Oops! Somehow I missed this when going back through the playlist to make my decisions regarding winners for the season! I’m only human after all! So there is an extra winner - Brian ‘UkeFoote’ for this fabulous cover of Electric Funeral! So sorry Brian - please pm your email address to me and I’ll send you a certificate ASAP!

For Season 424 of the Ukulele, we’re playing songs about the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Here’s “Electric Funeral” by Black Sabbath, for concert ukulele with singing, with overdubs of Ubass and secondary vocal.

I hope it's not too dark for you all - I don't beleve in most of that rot, I have just always loved BS ; )
And given that I don't like to make videos longer than 3 minutes, at 4.5 it's also REALLY long.

Persist in thy health-keeping!!

STOP PRESS - ONE MORE WINNER!

Oops! Somehow I missed this when going back through the playlist to make my decisions regarding winners for the season! I’m only human after all! So there is an extra winner - Brian ‘UkeFoote’ for this fabulous cover of Electric Funeral! So sorry Brian - please pm your email address to me and I’ll send you a certificate ASAP!

A very worthy addition! Thanks again Del! You are a great and gracious host! :)

Great week, Del! Congrats to the winners and runners-up! We’re all winners because we get to enjoy each other’s passion.

Thank you all for your kind words!

And here’s the wrap! Thank you all for a fabulous week! :)

Will the winners and runners-up please PM their email addresses to me - you’ll have to watch the video! (And please let me know exactly how you would like your name to appear on the certificate!)

Oops! Missed one - Brian UkeFoote’s cover of Electric Funeral is an extra winner - somehow missed it when going back through to make my decisions! Sorry Brian - pm me with your email address and I’ll send you a winner’s certificate ASAP!

Thanks Del. I appreciate the kind words.
It is Loftur, my name, that is (+16 more letters) :D

Top Bottom