Season 424 - ‘On The Spectrum’

At one point during the session a red square and someone with a strange user name appeared to join the session and it was speculated that it must be BEV. We then had a very short discussion if you did appear which part of you anatomy would the camera be pointed at.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah, sadly that was not me! i so rarely play in front of people, well, not people that don't make a rapid exit from the room! but it would be wonderful to give it a go! i think i would have to finally inflict my face on you - i have to put up with it, i don't see why you guys shouldn't!

Steve did manage to record some of it, just a matter of working out what to do with it.

It is on my to-do list! About half way through the session I pressed the Record button, which I assumed would only work if I had a paid Zoom account (which I don't). And lo and behold, when I closed the session it went on and saved a 700Mb video file. If I can edit it in any way, I will try and pick out some highlights, but it might be a day or two away...
yeah i just watched the vid! how great was that!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah, sadly that was not me! i so rarely play in front of people, well, not people that don't make a rapid exit from the room! but it would be wonderful to give it a go! i think i would have to finally inflict my face on you - i have to put up with it, i don't see why you guys shouldn't!

yeah i just watched the vid! how great was that!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!! Rarified times indeed

Whaaaaaatttt???!!!! If anything gets the next session over-subscribed, it's the possibility of seeing a face...Please note that Zoom will only allow the first 100 in, so get there early...

But seriously, face or not, it would be great if you were on board. Until last week, despite years of videos, and playing in a group, I had never played solo in front of a "live" audience. Yep, a bit terrifying, but it's done now. Next stop, the Albert Hall.

Well ladies and gents - we have just hit the 50 song mark for the season with over 2 days still to go! Thank you all so much! But don’t let that stop you! And we’re still waiting for Val and Lynda’s original microwave collab that was showing so much early promise! :)

Whaaaaaatttt???!!!! If anything gets the next session over-subscribed, it's the possibility of seeing a face...Please note that Zoom will only allow the first 100 in, so get there early...
lol!!!!!!!

a couple of (un)lucky people have already had a sneak peek on skype. lord love 'em!

Well ladies and gents - we have just hit the 50 song mark for the season with over 2 days still to go! Thank you all so much! But don’t let that stop you! And we’re still waiting for Val and Lynda’s original microwave collab that was showing so much early promise! :)
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, everyone, do be careful what you ask for!

Doppler Effect

Thanks Del for another new song!

This has been a mighty strange time, to be sure. Insignificant as it may be, my ukulele has been tuned down a 1/2 step for the duration of the Corona Pandemic thus far. I hardly ever do so, but I had to to get a crack at a Creedence song that was killing me. Then came a Cameo song (Word Up!) that was in F# and it so happened that it played nicely in the B6 tuning. Then came this season. Radar Love was what came to mind, and it happens to be in F#minor. Again the B6 tuning works best. Will wonders never cease?

My microwave is a spying device
It keeps its eye on me.
My toilet has a camera installed
And it knows when I go to pee

My credit card always keeps track
Of what I buy or sell on ebay
My fridge talks to my mobile phone
Though I can't hear a word they say.

My mobile phone has Gps
And it rarely makes a mistake
Sometimes It just surprises me
For it know when I'm asleep or awake

My browser has a secret cache
It tracks me with a cookie
It feeds me ads of what I like
And I find that kinda spookie.

The time has come I must confess
To get myself off grid
Get back to the wilderness
And keep myself well hid.

Back in 2001, Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros visited the high-frequency end of the spectrum while recording Global a Go-Go and came back with this strange jam...

We interrupt this thread to note that the thread for Season 425 has been posted. Please note, as usual, that there is still the rest of Saturday, April 4th to post here, prior to Season 425 being officially turned on.

Season 424 is songs that reference the electromagnetic spectrum.

Bill Withers passed away this week. I first heard this song when Paul McCartney played it in his MTV Unplugged session - it's one that just grabs you when you hear it. My cover doesn't do Bill's song justice, but I offer it anyway in celebration of a great musician.

Here's an original that I just did this afternoon. The program I sometimes used called ChordPulse has some preset stuff on it; one of them is just called "Jazz1" or something like that. Dm7, G7, CM7, A7. I used that progression and then added a few extra chords here and there.

I heard a song on the radio
It reminded me of you
I don't remember the frequency
Not one I usually listen to
But it stuck in my head all day
On infinite repeat play
But that was okay
Because of you

Hey Mr. DJ, won't you play that song again
It reminds me of the way she pushed her hair back in the wind
I know you just played it, so you can wait a little while
I'll be here list'ning for that song that used to make her smile

It had a lot of jazzy chords
Like those old seventies love songs
I think it had a Rhodes piano
And a tune you could sing along
It was a big hit way back when
I still hear it on the radio now and then
Can you play it again
You won't go wrong

Hope this here works...it mentions light and the sun and some things are lit on fire (which would glow and be full oof color, and release infrared so on and so forth...). Sorry I arrived late, “distance learning” is harder than the regular. Hope you all are well-
A song from all of us (even the dogs).

thank you for a wonderful week of music Del
couldn't help but take a swipe at this most awesome of songs
over and out from me now i reckon

Top Bottom