Season 424 - ‘On The Spectrum’

Ahoy - Here is my submission for the Spectrum
This song mentions both ultraviolet and red...

I posted this link here, on the /r/seasonsofhteukulele reddit page, and on Discord.

Last edited:
For Season 424 of the Ukulele, we’re playing songs about the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Here’s “Electric Funeral” by Black Sabbath, for concert ukulele with singing, with overdubs of Ubass and secondary vocal.

I hope it's not too dark for you all - I don't beleve in most of that rot, I have just always loved BS ; )
And given that I don't like to make videos longer than 3 minutes, at 4.5 it's also REALLY long.

Persist in thy health-keeping!!

Last edited:
Hello again, Del! I hadn't intended to do anything else so quickly, but .... it's SNOWING, for heaven's sake!!! God and I are definitely not on the same wavelength, but this is a relentlessly cheerful song and it seemed appropriate for your theme.

Here's a song that I'd all but forgotten existed until I heard it for the first time in many years on the radio a couple of weeks ago. I made a little mental note to learn it at some point and this season's theme has given me the perfect excuse...

Evening all - nearly bedtime here in deepest, darkest Kent, so I thought I’d better end the day with a little message of encouragement. Big drop in entry numbers today - which is often the case after the weekend and I’m hoping in no way a reflection on the theme or hosting skills on show! (Feeling guilty? Then bring me a song or ten! ;) ) I think ‘quality not quantity’ is a good way to describe the day’s entries! :)

Keep safe and well everyone - see you in the morning! :)

fellow UU-er and occasional seasonista cassie, suggested i try writing a song built around the CQ call in amateur radio, for the season. i gave it a go!

THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA, CASSIE!

As I said to someone on S423, "you can't beat some classic Rock 'n' Roll" so here is some with a requisite spectral reference (to colour in this case)

Blue in the lyrics of this one, Ringo's first solo hit single back in 1971, with a little help from George.

Evening all - nearly bedtime here in deepest, darkest Kent, so I thought I’d better end the day with a little message of encouragement. Big drop in entry numbers today - which is often the case after the weekend and I’m hoping in no way a reflection on the theme or hosting skills on show! (Feeling guilty? Then bring me a song or ten! ;) ) I think ‘quality not quantity’ is a good way to describe the day’s entries! :)

Keep safe and well everyone - see you in the morning! :)

Trying to figure out balancing telecommuting, sharing one computer with my wife who is also telecommuting, and finding time and energy for playing uke has been confusing. I've missed four straight Seasons, and I don't know whether that's ever happened before. But I'm working on a couple of things for this week.

I just signed up for Reddit. It seems even more obsessed with Likes than Facebook. Do we have to constantly be "Liking" every single post that everybody makes to not incur Reddit's wrath?

Not even halfway through the week and we’re up to 32 entries after another fine crop of songs overnight. Thank you everyone! :)

And can I just remind you all that Steve is running an online open mic event for us all later on Zoom. As far as I know it’s a first for the Seasons! Technology permitting I’m hoping to participate myself and it would be great to see a good number of you there also. If you’re unsure of the starting time it will start approximately 6 hours and 20 minutes after the time this post is made - I hope that’s helpful! Thanks so much for arranging it Steve!

This is not just white. It's whiter. Few stumbles with co-ordinating harmonica and uke, but I thought just get it up there.

Here's an Elvis Costello cover.

Almost blue
Within angstroms of the proper hue
I see the difference when it's there in view...

thank you for this week Del
this, a lovely Shannon Lyon song Kevin and i recorded yesterday

57 channels and nothing on... or it seems that way, for everybody is broadcasting the same news.
For the sake of your mental health turn the TV off and do some meditative bird watching. Bird watching is a contemplative art... waiting for the birds to arrive... observing what they do... their modes of flight... what they eat... what they look at... and why they depart all of a sudden. You can learn a lot from birds.

57 channels and nothing on... or it seems that way, for everybody is broadcasting the same news.
For the sake of your mental health turn the TV off and do some meditative bird watching. Bird watching is a contemplative art... waiting for the birds to arrive... observing what they do... their modes of flight... what they eat... what they look at... and why they depart all of a sudden. You can learn a lot from birds.

Yes, well WOULD do that, but I am rapidly running out of bird food!

Top Bottom