Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Kevin, your post doesnt have the time.
Is it at 21.30 CET this week like usual?

Hey, friends ~ I’m feeling a bit lousy today (sour stomach), so will not be joining in the fun as such this afternoon. Wanted to let you know that a friend of mine from ukulele group might be joining in with you all today. I told him about the Sat. Zoom gatherings and he is most interested in joining us. His name is Frank. Frank is the director and founder of the largest ukulele group in my state; his group is the Des Moines Ukulele Strummers. If Frank joins in this afternoon, please give him a warm welcome! He’s a great guy! Thanks, everyone, and have a great time today! :)

Sorry you're not feeling well Chelle, hope you feel better soon! Frank is always welcome to join in ~

Hey guys, was planning on coming in tonight but the kids ended up in bed later than expected

At the end of every meeting I’m left in awe of the breadth and depth of musical knowledge and talent on display. Another great session everyone - thanks! :)

Sorry I missed you guys yesterday! I'm available to host next Saturday if need be. The zoom info would be the same as it was when I hosted on 8/22/2020. So Steve if you're following this thread and want to update page one, Thanks in advance ~

Hey guys and gal, another great session with a newbie, too. Thanks for hosting Kev and Brian, while Steve is away. Meanwhile, I forgot to give credit where credit is due, today. Joo gave me permission to use her phrase "mud and lies" from the Light Man Song.

Thanks, all, for sharing another pleasant evening of music and friendship. For my PDX peeps especially, here is the Connie Boswell recording of Heart and Soul:

Mention should be made of The Boswell Sisters.
My two all-time favourite vocal groups are The Boswell Sisters for the ladies and the Mills Brothers for the gentlemen.
Just these two groups alone will give you hours and hours of delight, especially the recordings that both groups did in the 1930s. Please check them out if you have never heard them.

It is interesting to note that PDX had sort of a Boswell-inspired band, Stolen Sweets, at one time. I went to OSU with one of the members, Pete Krebs, who has been a part of a lot of PDX bands since the 1990s.

Thanks, all, for sharing another pleasant evening of music and friendship. For my PDX peeps especially, here is the Connie Boswell recording of Heart and Soul:

I was reluctant to say, during the open mic, that I always hated Heart and Soul but was kind of taken with it after being reintroduced via the Yellow Book at uke group. This Boswell version confirmed its sweetness.

Our next session will be September 12 at our regular time (12:30 west coast USA time)

Zoom meeting number 622 972 7495
Password is Woodstock

Hope we have a good turnout!

Yah hey there, folks! Cool, Brian! Thanks for the post and I hope to make it!

Oh, where are ya, Steve? Are you still on holiday?

Top Bottom