Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Hi Frank - you’ve found us! Really enjoyed your song last night - can you please post details of the voice harmonising device you used to such good effect? Thanks! :)

This week’s meeting.

Same BAT time (12:30pm west coast USA time)
DIFFERENT BAT channel (zoom meeting 622 972 7495, password is “Woodstock”)

It's a TC Helicon Voice Live 3 Extreme or VL3X. Search for details if you like. Basically, it addresses vocal and instrument effects, including harmony, and advanced looping. It's designed for performance but you can also use it as a digital interface for recording on your computer (I think it supports one or two active recording channels but I need to try it).

Sorry to miss yesterday. Iowa is in the midst of Indian summer and I feel compelled to savor it while it lasts. It's Iowa; could snow this afternoon ...

It's a TC Helicon Voice Live 3 Extreme or VL3X. Search for details if you like. Basically, it addresses vocal and instrument effects, including harmony, and advanced looping. It's designed for performance but you can also use it as a digital interface for recording on your computer (I think it supports one or two active recording channels but I need to try it).

Sorry to miss yesterday. Iowa is in the midst of Indian summer and I feel compelled to savor it while it lasts. It's Iowa; could snow this afternoon ...

"...We can be cold as a falling thermometer in December...."

Hey Steve i'm slotted to host tomorrow unless you're back home. My info is the same!

HTML:
<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i7i9uz5t/n136/cf110/cm0/cu4/ct0/cs0/ca0/cr0/ss0/cac000/cpc000/pca0bfd5/tcfff/fs100/szw320/szh135/tatTime%20left%20to%20Seasonistapalooza%20in/tac000/tptTime%20since%20Event%20started%20in/tpc000/mac000/mpc000/iso2020-10-17T20:30:00" allowTransparency="true" frameborder="0" width="320" height="135"></iframe>
lets see if this works..

I'm watching the premiere of "David Byrne's American Utopia" on HBO, and one of the first songs on it is the "Don't Worry 'Bout the Government" song that Andy sang in today's open mic.

I am back in the chair this week, Sat 24th. When I went to schedule the meeting just now, Zoom appears to have its time zones a bit wrong. It has London down as GMT+0, which isn't the case until Sunday 25th, when our clocks go back. So I scheduled it using Pacific Coast time (12.30pm there), which I think is still 8.30pm in London.

Anyway, hope to see people there.

As I am taking over the general Seasons co-ordinating role from Pa after this week, I would like to step away from running the online sessions - I don't want this to become a one-man show! I know Brian & Kevin have done sterling jobs standing in when I have been away, so if they or anybody else wants to be chief cat-herder for a while, we can keep this fun going.

Last edited:
I am back in the chair this week, Sat 24th. When I went to schedule the meeting just now, Zoom appears to have its time zones a bit wrong. It has London down as GMT+0, which isn't the case until Sunday 25th, when our clocks go back. So I scheduled it using Pacific Coast time (12.30pm there), which I think is still 8.30pm in London.

Anyway, hope to see people there.

As I am taking over the general Seasons co-ordinating role from Pa after this week, I would like to step away from running the online sessions - I don't want this to become a one-man show! I know Brian & Kevin have done sterling jobs standing in when I have been away, so if they or anybody else wants to be chief cat-herder for a while, we can keep this fun going.

Steve, thank you so much for hosting the Zooms and for also stepping in to coordinate the SOTU — hope to see you in a little less than an hour. :)

Thanks everyone for tonight - some more wonderful songs & performances.

Brian (UkeFoote) will be along later with a new thread for next week and beyond, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

I went to the link you sent me, The "1" in the upper part of the page is highlighted. I don't see any instructions for joining a meeting. The first thing in the thread starts with ... "Thanks everyone for tonight - some more wonderful songs & performances. "

I'm doing something wrong and I bet it's something really simple.

Top Bottom