Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

I will be absent too, as I am watching an online gig - going at least part of the way back to normality.

See you next week I hope.

Things are far from normal here. The government made an official ban against singing (indoors or out) with only a few exceptions.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

--Yukio

Things are far from normal here. The government made an official ban against singing (indoors or out) with only a few exceptions.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

--Yukio

~ That's ****ing absurd ~

And here's my shameless request for the AMAZING GRIFFs to cover this song:

OMG! I just tried "Don't Let It Bring You Down" and IT HITS LIKE A TON OF BRICKS on a Low G tenor. (Well, that is probably an overstatement 'cause it is a ukulele after all.)
There are powerful forces at work here....

It looks like Anne Lennox did it in the same key as Neil Young's original.

--Yukio

Last edited:
OMG! I just tried "Don't Let It Bring You Down" and IT HITS LIKE A TON OF BRICKS on a Low G tenor. (Well, that is probably an overstatement 'cause it is a ukulele after all.)
There are powerful forces at work here....

It looks like Anne Lennox did it in the same key as Neil Young's original.

--Yukio

Can't wait to hear it.

Did you check the liner notes Christopher? Are we sure that's not Del on the backing synth in the original recording? :)

"Enquiring minds want to know" (Is this still the catchphrase for The National Enquirer, or am I dating myself again?)

I wasn't around for last week's session, but I am assuming that this week it is Kevin's turn to host. I have updated the first post with the connection details, but if that is wrong, let me know.

I wasn't around for last week's session, but I am assuming that this week it is Kevin's turn to host. I have updated the first post with the connection details, but if that is wrong, let me know.

Yes, you are correct Steve, thanks for taking the initiative, and for updating the info ~

Since YorkSteve said he'd forgotten (and I'm sure it is easy to forget 1 out of 365!) this is the video I found earlier as inspiration:

Since YorkSteve said he'd forgotten (and I'm sure it is easy to forget 1 out of 365!) this is the video I found earlier as inspiration...

Oh believe me, I have forgotten far more than 1 of them. Thanks to everyone for another fine Saturday night.

Details have been updated for next Saturday, if anyone fancies a break from whatever festivities are allowed.

Hey, everybody! Sorry I had to bail out and miss the last of the show, but what I did see was amazing!
Thanks again for making this on-line gathering happen each week and for the joy it brings.
Happy New Year, all!
-Yukio

Hey, everybody! Sorry I had to bail out and miss the last of the show, but what I did see was amazing!
Thanks again for making this on-line gathering happen each week and for the joy it brings.
Happy New Year, all!
-Yukio

Aww man... wish we'd have known you'd have to leave - you could've jumped the queue!

Top Bottom