Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

I have updated the info on the front page, assuming Kevin is hosting this week. It looks as if I will be absent again, as another online cheese, beer & wine tasting session has been booked...

I have updated the info on the front page, assuming Kevin is hosting this week. It looks as if I will be absent again, as another online cheese, beer & wine tasting session has been booked...

SERIOUSLY ... ONLINE cheese, beer and wine tasting????? (If I had an "interrobang" I would insert it here.)

Guinness & Stilton.jpg
Is it pot-luck? I'll bring the Guinness and Stilton.

SERIOUSLY ... ONLINE cheese, beer and wine tasting????? (If I had an "interrobang" I would insert it here.)

I think we've occasionally had impromptu beer tastings at the open mic session. I've just had a case of bottle conditioned ales from Durham Brewery delivered. Bringing cheese too sounds like an excellent idea, perhaps I'll do that this week too. I might bring a song as well :).

I think we've occasionally had impromptu beer tastings at the open mic session. I've just had a case of bottle conditioned ales from Durham Brewery delivered. Bringing cheese too sounds like an excellent idea, perhaps I'll do that this week too. I might bring a song as well :).

I'm a proud Belgian, and I love Durham Brewery. It's on my doorstep, about one km. My husband and I shared a bottle of St Cuthbert yesterday. Bede's Chalice is probably my favourite, which is yours?

However, I mainly drink alcohol free beer. The Durham Brewery doesn't brew alcohol free. Thery're too small to cope.

I'm a proud Belgian, and I love Durham Brewery. It's on my doorstep, about one km. My husband and I shared a bottle of St Cuthbert yesterday. Bede's Chalice is probably my favourite, which is yours?

However, I mainly drink alcohol free beer. The Durham Brewery doesn't brew alcohol free. Thery're too small to cope.

Ooh, that's a difficult question, in part because the ones they do regularly now aren't the same as the ones they did regularly when I still lived in Durham (and my college bar, Ustinov College, were on good terms with the brewery then so I sampled a few!). St Cuthbert is probably one of my favourites though. And I have quite a few bottle of Magus in my cupboard now (not exactly a Belgian style!). Bede's Chalice is definitely one that it's safer to share...

While we're on the topic, I'm always on the lookout for recommendations of good alcohol free beer if you have any!

Hmm, I have a beer related song that I've been learning, I might bring that one along tomorrow :).

Yeah, i'm good for hosting tomorrow Steve. Look forward to seeing those who can make it ~

Maggie and I got to the outdoor concert that we were going to and found that it was rained out, so I could have stayed to the end of the session today. It was postponed till Monday.

next week the zoom number will be 622 972 7495
no password necessary

we were talking about one of my favorite bands, Gentle Giant, on Saturday. Here's a great example to check out:

I thought I'd better get that Frim Fram Sauce that I did Saturday recorded before I forget about it, so here it is, written by Redd Evans & Joe Ricardel.

I will be missing in action again this week - there is a one day folk festival a few miles from here, and the lure of a day of live music is too great to resist. Brian is in charge of you all again - expect the unexpected.

Aww, man,. I thought I was late to the open mic... turns out I'm 23 1/2 hours early

Aww, man,. I thought I was late to the open mic... turns out I'm 23 1/2 hours early

I think that's a record Joko. Although I once drove 70 miles to a football match and found I was a week early, so you're not alone.

I am back in the mix for this week - who's in charge?

Top Bottom